PDA

View Full Version : Over heating Pro 2030

jball
05-29-2012, 09:02 PM
So... we picked up this 2030 off Gov Deals, and after the first or second time around the property it started pegging the water temp gauge. Further inspection led me to believe the thermostat was not opening since the radiator's lower hose remained cool and the top only became slightly warm. Removed t-stat, put it into hot water, it opened.... Watched water flow through bleeder hose on t-stat housing w/o t-stat installed, thought, OK, t-stat failed. Gator has electric cooling fan that also would not run. I can gnd out the sensor on the hydro fluid container and make the fan run, I can also gnd out a feed from the temp sender on the t-stat housing and make the fan run. W/O t- stat and manually running fan... temp stays OK.

Ordered and replaced t-stat and temp sender for fan... same darn thing!!!! The lower radiator hose is cool, and the temp gauge spiked, and no cooling fan!!! My next step is to check the water pump, but this seems an exercise in futility, since I get flow w/o t-stat. This makes no logical sence to me. Any help greatly appreciated.

JB

jergeod
05-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Which way is the tstat installed? Is it in upside down? Spring should be towards motor.

jball
06-02-2012, 08:23 AM
Thanks, but yes, both t-stats have been installed with the spring pointing down toward the incoming water flow.

jergeod
06-02-2012, 10:34 AM
jball then I would be looking at an air lock. Raise the front of the machine a foot or so to get the air out of the motor and into the radiator, motor needs to be running and you will need to monitor the radiator level and keep it full to see if any bubbles surface, you should see the level go down some if there was air in the system. Hope this helps.

jball
06-03-2012, 08:37 AM
We have the t-stat out now, it doesn't seem to actually overheat without it, but the gauge does show that it is overheating. Possible bad temp sender for the gauge or or the gauge itself. I need an infrared temp gun to know, or somehow get the radiator water temp when it's running. I guess I could be chasing a phantom problem if the gauge is giving a false reading. I'll send more info as I learn it