PDA

View Full Version : kopln rhino grip #21535

CaptDan
06-05-2012, 01:59 AM
Just bought three sets of these from Cabellas. List price $29.99, on sale 20% off, that makes them $23.99 each. I opened a cabellas charge account so they took another $20.00 off. So three pairs cost $17.32 each.

Just an FYI in case anyone was looking for the clamps.

Dan - NJ

Deputy347k9
12-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Dan: I have purchased several sets of the Kolpin grips, model LP19883 that I got from my John Deere dealership back in Maine. I had to pay about $50.00 with taxes. These are the ratchet style. I have them in the trailer, on the Gator and two sets mounted on the garage wall to hold metal detectors. During our move from Maine to NC one of the grips got damaged. I had a shipper move my Impala SS, 825i and the X740 mower. Of course we loaded the hell out of the 825 so the fault falls on me. When I see a sale I will purchase at least two more sets. Can't live without them.

I just found out I can also take the 825i out on the the outter bank islands, like around Cape Lookout and Cape Fear. From what I have been told near the water is hardpack so driving a 4 wheel drive Gator would be the cat's tail. Only thing is I may just have to invest in a Kolpin fuel can that mounts in the bed.

I keep finding things to buy that distracts me from what I really want, "a full cab from Prosum Equipment. Want one with doors, wipers, heater for winter months as well as rear work lights.

I was like a kid in a candy store:hray: when I got the new machine and purchased everything under the sun. Now that I have settled down I realize I should have done some things different. Live and learn.

Larry

Zephyr74
12-16-2012, 12:44 AM
Larry--

I wouldn't buy Kolpin fuel cans, they leak! I have talked with Kolpin and they say they changed the design, but they still leak! I finally gave up and I bought Rotopax fuel cans (the fire department I work with outfitted 42 engines with Rotopax) I have the 1gal, 1.75 and the 2 gal. I mounted two 2 gal cans stacked witht Rotopax extended bracket. PM me your private email, and I will send you pictures of how I mounted it....I still haven't figured out how to post pictures on here.

Deputy347k9
12-20-2012, 03:16 PM
PM sent! Many many thanks.

Larry in NC

Deputy347k9
12-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Forgot to mention: I contacted my John Deere Dealership back in Maine and they had only one set of the Kolpin grips left. These was the one's with John Deere part number LP19883 which were the Kolpin 20085 grips. I guess Kolpin has updated this grip as they do not sell this part number. I really like them and have purchased quite a number of them for different jobs. With the change also came a price increase. I was paying and paid today for the last set under $50.00

I want to purchase 4 extra bases for the 20085 which Kolpin sells for $5.95 each. Not bad for $24.00 but the you have to add about $17.00 for shipping! I find that a tad to much. I will find some elsewhere.

Larry in NC