PDA

View Full Version : Snorkel

JohnnyDollar
08-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Hi guys I'm new to the forum and actually I don't own an XUV yet but I am purchasing on around November or so. My question is "is there a mod or has anyone done a mod that s orioles the air intake as well as the belt intake so you can drive through a little deeper water that what you can from the factory. I hunt in river bottoms and after some heavy rains the sloughs tend to get a little deep. I have a fourwheeler that isn't snorkeled and I was just wanting to be able to drive my gator basically the same places I drive the fourwheeler. I'm planning on getting either the 825I or the 855D. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

purplewg
08-12-2012, 07:03 AM
Welcome Johnny. First I think you will have more issues with the belt drive and water than the air cleaner. There have been some guys on here that have got the belt wet and have slippage problems till they get it dried out. Hopefully some of them will pipe in or do some searching here. I have run mine in water deeper than 8-10 inches so I have not had the problem. I keep saying I am going to look into sealing it up just in case but haven't done it. Good luck with your purchase.

Skillet23
08-12-2012, 08:57 PM
On the title bar and/or left side of the page you should see a box that is for searching the forums. Type in "snorkel" there and it will bring up all post having to do with snorkelling. A couple of the fellas have installed snorkels on their bikes and so there are several pictures showing different techniques.

David in TX

JohnnyDollar
08-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Thanks guys, I will search now.