PDA

View Full Version : Rsx tires

Gatorfarmer
10-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Anybody know how big of tire the rsx can handle befor a lift?1631. Using my I phone so I'm not sure if this picture showed up or not

Dane
10-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Take a look under your vehicle and see how much room you have. Make sure you turn the steering all the way to the side to check for clearance. Even better would be to have a big friend jump up and down on the bumper so you can get an idea for how the suspension travels to help judge the clearance. On my 550 it looks like 27" would be no problem. The first area of concern on mine is the clearance to the rear shocks if going wider.

I think the more difficult part will be finding tires you want in a 14" rim since the selection is a bit limited compared to 12" rims. You could probably go an inch wider in the rear but I would not try wider in front because of the increased steering force at slow speeds.

MBDiagMan
10-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Those tires look to be in pretty good shape, but it's probably hard to tell from the picture.

Remember that these things have like nine inches of suspension travel, so maybe it will be necessary to take the springs off while the body/frame is propped up and then fully collapse the suspension to see how much room you have.

Doc

dieselsmith
10-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Is that snow?

WOEII
10-23-2012, 02:23 PM
Is that snow?
:OhNoes:

Gatorfarmer
10-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Ya the tires only have 200 km. I think I want some thing a little bigger for floating over the mud. Thanks for the info. We've had a few snow storms already here in Manitoba. Can't wait to take the rsx ice fishing.

MBDiagMan
10-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Yes, there's a lot to be said for flotation when running over a lot of really thin mud. If it's flotation you need, I wonder if there are smaller diameter wheels available, such that you could use the balloon type tires from the old three wheelers of the eighties?