PDA

View Full Version : New intake pics

Greenneck
01-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Here are some pics of the new Cvt intake.

dieselsmith
01-27-2013, 05:34 PM
That shed some light on it. I see 3 parts us older model guys need. The box, the tube and the bracket that bolts it to the frame I think.:hdscrh:

Greenneck
01-27-2013, 05:39 PM
That shed some light on it. I see 3 parts us older model guys need. The box, the tube and the bracket that bolts it to the frame I think.:hdscrh:

If it will help, i can take it apart and lay out the parts for a better view. I thought i had enough pics, but after getting home it looks clear as mud. Only problem is I will not get back to do so until next sunday

dieselsmith
01-27-2013, 09:13 PM
That would be great!

apple
01-27-2013, 10:03 PM
Could you supply the part # for all items needed?

Greenneck
01-28-2013, 05:06 AM
Could you supply the part # for all items needed?

Unfortunately my owners manual does not have Parts Breakdown.

duling
01-28-2013, 09:09 AM
JD knows this is a problem... they have a fix and won't give us the part numbers to purchase it. I don't understand them sometimes

purplewg
01-28-2013, 11:11 AM
You guys need to go read this thread. I have already put this on a 2011 825. All you need is the canister and the duct. The bracket shown in the in the pics here won't work on your 11 or 12 models. There is a heat shield in the way. You will have to fashion something similar to what I did.

From the pics Greenneck posted it appears they may have rerouted the exhaust some other way as my pipe runs real close over near the canister. The canister fit to the duct sucks a lot. Not sealed at all. I had to use rubber tape to seal it. Not sure why other than cost they did it this way. A clamp coupling would have been the way to go here.

http://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/forum/showthread.php?13280-New-CVT-intake/page6

dieselsmith
01-28-2013, 04:01 PM
How much were the 2 parts?

Greenneck
01-28-2013, 05:02 PM
I agree, while the new design looks nice and faces the inlet to the side i will be using something to seal it up better. No doubt that water would be pulled in if you were up to the bottom connection. Matter of fact as i look at the owners manual, there should be a second hose clamp next to the existing clamp by the belt cover. You can even see where the groove for it is. Im not sure Deere knows what they want to do with this.:TT:

purplewg
01-30-2013, 01:40 PM
How much were the 2 parts?

Around $50 shipped from greenfarmparts.

purplewg
01-30-2013, 01:42 PM
I agree, while the new design looks nice and faces the inlet to the side i will be using something to seal it up better. No doubt that water would be pulled in if you were up to the bottom connection. Matter of fact as i look at the owners manual, there should be a second hose clamp next to the existing clamp by the belt cover. You can even see where the groove for it is. Im not sure Deere knows what they want to do with this.:TT:

I thought the same thing. When I looked what they did at that joint was strap two tie wraps real tight around that joint. I wonder if they were crushing the thing with a stainless steel clamp?