PDA

View Full Version : Finally hit the trails with the Gator.

Gator1221
05-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Well finally got the Gator out for a trail ride up north on the weekend and can honestly say there is nothing that didn't impress me. First day we rode a lot of rock and elevation, fairly technical with a lot of climbing, not a lot of water or mud but a good ride. The Gator operated flawlessly and only put it in 4 wheel drive for some of the water holes as I wasn't sure of the bottoms but otherwise it climbed some pretty steep and often loose hills without spinning a tire. The second day was a lot more rock climbing and water holes and again barely used 4 wheel drive, one hole my wife got in with her RZR she had to be pulled out, I drove in with the Gator, spun the tires a bit, backed right back out took anther run and walked right through, this thing is an animal and practically unstoppable. I was truly amazed at what it would climb over and go through in 2wd, my wifes RZR was spinning tires and the Gator would just walk over it, really impressed and pleased. The only changes I would ask for would be abetter as pedal setup as my legs are rather long, I'm 6'4" and I find the pedal is to close for me so my foot cramps up on a slow ride and after riding rocky terrain power steering is a must, had the steering wheel ripped out of my hands 3 times so I'll be looking at aftermarket setups for it. Gator has to go back in to the dealer for a few PIPS so I will have them look it all over, as the warranty runs out next month, and make sure nothing is bitched, there were some pretty hard bangs from underneath. All in all very pleased with the gator for sport riding and work, worthwhile investment.

825joe
05-23-2013, 01:59 PM
:Thmup: congrats.

vanderrt
06-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Does anyone know about this product "Aero-Vent Lexan Windshield For John Deere." I bought one now I understand that it yellows?

Dane
06-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Not sure how it fits into this thread but... Where did you get this "Aero-Vent Lexan..."? There are different grades of Lexan but the good stuff will not yellow and I suspect John Deere uses the abrasion resistant type in their windshields.