View Full Version : JD OPS Full Noi-Scratch Windshield Reviews?????

er456
06-01-2013, 03:51 PM
I did an olnine search and came up blank for any reviews of the John Deere OPS Full No-Scratch Windshield. This is the poly windshield made of special material. Have any of you used this item? If so, how scratch resistant is it? I know it requires special care to continue looking good through the years; just wondering how well they hold up?

plateauman57
06-01-2013, 05:23 PM
It may be scratch resistant, but its not scratch proof. If you ask if its worth the money, yes. I had one on my 825i. But when I got my 850i I went with the glass windshield with wiper, can't beat it. Bottom line if you can afford the difference go with the glass "in my opinion".

Dane
06-01-2013, 06:29 PM
I have it on my Gator and think it is high quality and fits well. It is still plastic (polycarbonate) but despite my numerous cleanings it remains scratch free. I am careful to keep it clean and do everything to keep it scratch free but it is holding up much better than the acrylic windshield on my golf cart. It is expensive but I would say it's worth it.

The biggest drawback is if you will use your Gator at night or in the winter when you may have fogging. I make sure the windshield is clean before heading out for the night so I can wipe dew or frost off without scratching and I've also installed a heated defrost blower. With a glass windscreen you would have the option of a wiper and be more free to wipe away frost & dew but at the expense of not opening up for ventilation in summer.

Skillet23
06-02-2013, 07:37 PM
I had the scratch resistant JD windshield for one deer season down here in TX. Like Dane said, you have to take special precautions with it (wash the dust of with a water hose, don't wipe it off) and things like that. When i upgraded my top to a metal top, I went ahead and upgraded my windshield too. I bought the top and windshield through my JD dealer from Fortress ATV. I like the glass windshield much better, just wish I would have went ahead and got the roof and windshield when I bought my Gator and saved the money I lost from the scratch resistant windshield.

David in TX

missouri gator
06-04-2013, 02:38 PM
I agree with all of the above, ive had mine 18 months and it still cleans up nice and clear, that being said if I was to trade gators the new one would have the glass.

apple
06-04-2013, 09:38 PM
When I got my 825 it had the scratch resistant windshield. However it came pre-scratched. This was good for me because the dealer took off the price of the scratch resistance for an upgrade to glass. I don't think you can go wrong with glass.