PDA

View Full Version : RSX 850i Sport Oil Leak

CLMA
10-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Just took delivery of my 850i Sport, with 25 miles on the ODO I noticed oil on my garage floor. Incidentally spotless. After close inspection the rear of the belly guard is covered with oil in a very large puddle. I have contacted the dealer as I don't want to cause a fire? Has anyone else experienced this problem. My decision was between a Can-Am and the Sport. I'm concerned over this as it's a lot of money and I'm not a bit happy.

huge
10-20-2013, 11:16 PM
I had a small pinhole leak in the oil line between the engine and the oil tank. It was a 22mm line with a 90 degree aluminum fitting midway between the engine and oil tank. YIf it is leaking in the same area, you should be able to spot it via the rear of the machine and spry some degreaser in that area to better identify the area where it is coming from.

Mine was leaking just beside the 90 fitting and I cut off about an inch of hose and re-attached. I then wrapped the oil lines with 1.245" heater hose and zap strapped everything back up so it wouldn't rub27772774277527762773

johnbrown361@gmail.com
10-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Good tip !!:rkr:

CLMA
11-10-2013, 10:36 PM
Thanks guys. The dealer picked it up last week. Told him what the story was and I was going away for a week. I called him and that was exactly what the problem was. He replaced the elbow and the hose. He was ready to deliver and noticed oil on the floor. The tank had a seam crack and he replaced the tank. Warranty issue. I also had him soften the suspensions on my Sport and now it is a blast to ride. Test run for thirty miles plus proved out well. I'm a senior, over seventy, and really enjoy getting out. May give living on the edge a run.

WOEII
11-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Thanks guys. The dealer picked it up last week. Told him what the story was and I was going away for a week. I called him and that was exactly what the problem was. He replaced the elbow and the hose. He was ready to deliver and noticed oil on the floor. The tank had a seam crack and he replaced the tank. Warranty issue. I also had him soften the suspensions on my Sport and now it is a blast to ride. Test run for thirty miles plus proved out well. I'm a senior, over seventy, and really enjoy getting out. May give living on the edge a run.
Nice pics with the guard off. :Chers: I can tell u run her through the soft spots nicely! :lol: :cool: