PDA

View Full Version : Gator in MATTE BLACK.

CLMA
11-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Just thinking? I saw a competitors model today in matte burgundy. It looked very nice. So, when I got home I started to vision the my GATOR RSX in Matte Black. Being a sports car lover, I thought this would an absolutely Stealth looking machine. Done right with JD silver decals and flat silver bumpers this machine would deliver a knockout punch. It may enhance the durability of the Machine as the polished finish is very fragile at best.

jimmydale
11-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Here is a 620i some one did in gloss black. I know someone here has posted a matte black 850i but I can't find it.
http://www.coolthings.com/john-deere-gator-xuv-620/

RMOSSSO1
11-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Take a look at the Ford Super Duty line with the PLATINUM model in black. If you like black this is an awesome combination. Similarly, if you have had a black vehicle, you will never have another unless you like washing daily with soft water, IMHO, and a former owner of a black SUBARU SVX, LSi.

CLMA
11-12-2013, 07:47 PM
The 620 looks great. As far as black is concerned I have a black car and you are absolutely correct on the washing. But I think Deere should make a concerted effort to come up with a hot color. The Can-Am yellow is very plus and looks good. Maybe a Matte Gray with black accents. Just an idea?

CLMA
11-13-2013, 10:20 PM
Retract Matte Black...you guys are right! Saw a matte black today on a trailer. Yuck! It was like really dirty. Think I'll stick with the suggestion of matte silver with black accents.

jimmydale
11-14-2013, 08:19 AM
JD wants to stick with their trademark colors so they will stand out in a crowd. But the new Polaris 570 eps in gold mist with black accents is pretty sharp and so is the xp900 eps in titanium matte metallic with black accents. Plus polaris can do other colors easy they don't have 90 years behind them of being the green machine to live up to. Even though I am not a Polaris fan, their units have a plus with customization. JD is basically an as is product right now, with guys like mountaingoat and others having to fab out what they invision the perfect gator to be.

CLMA
11-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Great points "jimmydale". I agree. Deere could branch out some agressive ideas like the Can-Am perhaps? I'm swapping seats this spring. The Gator could use a little more legroom by stretching the cab area or relocating the air cleaner. I hope Deere reads our posts because this is where they can learn form consumers. But, I really think they do.

GatorDuner1
05-28-2014, 08:13 PM
I agree, if you find a place that will do this color with graphics decals (http://www.sbsparts.com) instead of paint, let me know.