PDA

View Full Version : Gator RSX Serviceability

CLMA
11-11-2013, 10:06 PM
After exploring several manufacturers serviceability. I find that it would be to Deere's advantage to redesign the service access to a centralized location to improve access. This appears to be a design concern for all manufacturers. I am currently working closely with my dealer to make some small modifications to the machine to alleviate this issue.

Z15
11-12-2013, 12:11 PM
OEM manufacturers are trying to keep more of the aftermarket business for themselves and their dealers thus they make it difficult for customers to find aftermarket products/service their vehicles and equipment.

CLMA
11-12-2013, 07:51 PM
Agree Z15. But it is done on the garden tractors which are a different animal I know. But it is one great sales feature in a very competitive market. Traditionally, first in the market stays first.

Dane
11-15-2013, 01:06 PM
I think one problem is the Deere does not make the engines for the utility vehicles. I'm sure they would design in more serviceability if they did their own engines and I assume they would have fewer engine models. But since they use Piaggio, Chery, Briggs & Stratton, Kawasaki and Yanmar they are stuck with service points all over the place.