PDA

View Full Version : New RSX made it here today 12/24/13

Blazer
12-24-2013, 04:24 PM
I ordered a new RSX 2 weeks ago and it made it to me today. Nice machine! I had a Rhino I used a lot and was kind of unsure of what to expect in comparison. I really liked my Rhino and gearing was a main concern. The RSX is great and seems to be geared a little lower in low range just like I wanted. Runs faster on top end too. Now I don't need to go that fast however it is nice to go as fast as the Rhino with less effort and RPMs. I got the trail model so the seats are super nice. And it rides better and seems to keep all the wheels on very uneven ground better than the Rhino did. There are more good things I am sure I will find along the way it is very cold here today so a 7 mile ride was enough.
What I did find I didn't like was the receiver for the hitch is an odd size. A normal 2" receiver is way to sloppy to use it would beat the receiver out in no time. Not to mention rattle all the time. Anyone ran into this yet?

Z15
12-25-2013, 06:34 AM
I had similar problem with one on my truck so I got one of these. But a bolt of the proper size would likely solve the rattle noise.

http://www.gmcaccessories.com/app_get/getImage?image_id=05_CRB_CRB_LHP_01_A_B&app_name=gmaz_accy&width=250&height=250&type=jpg
Hitch Pin - Locking

This heavy-duty Locking Hitch Pin helps protect your trailering equipment. It securely locks a ball mount to your vehicle’s 2" trailer receiver. Plus, it also reduces the rattle motion and noise that can occur between the mount and hitch receiver.

Chrome Pin with Black Cover
$40.00
GMC/Sierra
A part is not shown in the pic, it fits inside the 2-in ball mount and the bolt screws into it and tightens it down. Best thing I ever found to stop the ball mount from making noise and its stainless and brass and has not rusted in 5 yrs.

Dane
12-25-2013, 02:31 PM
I occasionally have to put a few buttons of weld on the sides of hitches to get them to fit tighter in the receiver. I don't do it with a hitch I might interchange between different vehicles but if it will spend it's life on one I try to tighten it up to minimize rattling.

Blazer
12-25-2013, 10:30 PM
All fixed. I had a piece of square tube that was over sized and made a new insert. It measured 2 1/16 and fit good.

Blazer
12-26-2013, 08:13 PM

I got the blade mounted today so I am ready for snow plow duty.

dieselsmith
12-26-2013, 11:41 PM
What kind of plow is that?

Blazer
12-27-2013, 05:23 PM
That is a 72" Moose Plow. I had it on the Rhino and didn't want to buy a new one so I made a bottom mount and put it on the Gator. The plow was like new anyway. Worked out really nice too.

Hans-RSX850i
12-30-2013, 11:47 PM
Would you mind sharing pics of the mount you made? I would like to put one on mine, but am not sure where to mount it.

Blazer
01-05-2014, 08:29 AM
A picture will be tough to get now but I will try. I used the plow Friday and it worked great.
I used the Rhino mount holding it back towards the cross bar on the frame and drilled 2 new holes in the rear of the mount to utilize the u-bolts. I also made two stopping blocks that will set right against the cross bar so all of the "push" pressure will hit there between two gussets on the most rigid area of the frame. I utilized 2 holes in the front of the mount that lined up with two holes in the frame.