PDA

View Full Version : In Bed Sprayer

vanderrt
03-12-2014, 09:21 AM
bought a 25Gal John Deere in bed sprayer. If you buy one of these throw the directions away. The box is filled 3/16" metal mounting brackets. The directions do not show how to assemble the 25gal sprayer but gives detailed instructions on mounting the the 45gal and the 90gal. These metal pieces are only used for 45 and 90 gallon the 25gal only uses 4 rubber feet. There are no directions on assembling the the boom sprayer but it's easy to figure out. There are no directions on connecting the electrical. I had to make my own 12v adapter it was missing from the box. The little sprayer after shipping costs a little over $600.00. You can buy sprayers that are much cheaper but I made the mistake and thought John Deere would be the best rout. I way over paid. You have to pay for about 50lbs of metal brackets that are useless. The sprayer works great though. It has the wand that will spray up to 30 feet and the boom sprays a 5' swath. The sprayer is perfect for what I need it to do, keep the weeds down in my white rock front yard (about a 1/4 acre). I'm in a wheelchair and my wife has a bad back so something like this tool is a blessing. This is just a picture of the sprayer I'll take some of mine soon. The brakets to hang the boom sprayer were not in the box. There was an angle bracket that I could use to hang the boom off the the rear bumper guard. I liked mounting it this way much better anyway. Again no directions for 25gal sprayer.

Destiny creek
03-12-2014, 05:51 PM
I have been looking for a sprayer for some time now and stumbled across these http://www.enduraplas.com/categories/sprayers-9.cfm looks like everything I was looking for right down to the gas motor driven pump

vanderrt
03-13-2014, 09:02 AM
Destiny Creek The big thing I wanted was the boom sprayer that hangs off the back end so I could lay down a 5' swath for large open areas. Those are some nice sprayers but I didn't see the boom. I wish mine had the reel with the 100' hose like the ones shown in your link. Also I didn't see a price on the sprayers?

Destiny creek
03-13-2014, 12:06 PM
Destiny Creek The big thing I wanted was the boom sprayer that hangs off the back end so I could lay down a 5' swath for large open areas. Those are some nice sprayers but I didn't see the boom. I wish mine had the reel with the 100' hose like the ones shown in your link. Also I didn't see a price on the sprayers?
Click on the link and at the bottom of the page it gives you 4 different boom lengths and types{ polyboom in -13ft -20ft-26ft }a steel 16ft boom and a boomless 24ft

vanderrt
03-13-2014, 03:28 PM
I like my John Deere just didn't like the price :)

flashgor_99
08-01-2014, 01:03 PM
I bought a 25 gallon at Tractor Supply for under $200. A lot of the parts are cheap plastic, but that just means be real careful. I'm using it on my farm so it will get used quite a bit. My only complaint might be that it is hard to securely mount it in the bed of my Gator. Shouldn't be a difficult problem to solve, just got to get around to it.

vanderrt
08-06-2014, 02:01 PM
flashgo_99 I know I paid way to much but it does work great and fits in the Bed of my 550 like was made for it:lol: I should of shopped around but the few I looked at didn't have the sprayer that hangs off the back,and covers a 5' swoth, as you drive, but now that I got it I don't use it my yards to small.