PDA

View Full Version : headlights not working

jimmydale
05-06-2014, 10:28 PM
First project out of the gate;problems.The light on the back of the roof comes on when the breaks are applied and I could have sworn it came on even if the breaks are not applied just not as bright, the toggle switch is a 3 position switch right? With the switch on in the full position the headlights will not come on, fuses are not blown. What are the two relays for on the 550 fuseblock? I was trying to find a place to tie in some running lights heard a pop and no headlights.:FX:

Dane
05-07-2014, 05:22 PM
So, what are you trying to do? Are the lights you are referring to the stock lights or are you adding additional ones?

My factory light switch is also a three way. Only the full up position turns on the headlights. The other two positions, middle and bottom, the lights are off.

The light on the back of the roof comes on whenever the ignition is in the run or start position and gets brighter when the brakes are applied.

At least one relay I think is engine disable when the parking brake is set. When the parking brake switch is not depressed the engine ignition is grounded when the gas pedal comes off it's switch.