PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully for the last time

vanderrt
08-19-2014, 08:59 AM
My 550 S4 is going into the dealer again, hopefully for the last time. They are putting on a new bed, and replacing a head gasket. It's been back firing a lot. Still runs okay so they are replacing it just to be sure. Head gaskets are a know problem with most all the 2011/2012 models. Just in case you didn't know the John Deere Dealer said they replacing Head Gaskets FREE up to 500 Hours regardless of warrentee. I thought that was great of JD to step up to the plate and take responsiblity. Also they are going to adjust the linkage for the 4 wheel drive. It will not completely engage unless you put it all the way down to locking diferencial. Works great when it's in Locking Diferencial otherwise it jumps in and out of 4WD.

DIXIEDOG
08-19-2014, 08:07 PM
Good luck, hopefully it's the last repair. It stinks when you pay good money for stuff and it has mechanical failures like that. Hopefully you get it back and are motoring for thousands of trouble free miles.:Thmup:

vanderrt
08-20-2014, 11:21 AM
Thank goodness my warrantee is still in effect.

vanderrt
08-21-2014, 10:30 AM
I found out yesterday that my head gasket is fine. It maybe backfiring because of carbon or varish buildup. I thought that "SeaFoam" would keep that from happing but I guess not. He said use Premium Gas with 2oz of "Mechanic In A Bottle" per 5 gallons on each fill up. He said it was one of the best products on the market. I could only find 1 bad review and his problem sounded more serious than varish or carbon build up. I don't know what I'm going to do with the bottles of SeaFoam I've got. I guess I'll give it to my neigbor for his boat. He loves the stuff. I think I'd of been all right if I remembered to use it more often. I get the Gator back today with a new bed and the linkage adjusted again. Just in time for the grandkids visit :o)