PDA

View Full Version : clutch shattered after 150hrs

andyb
11-29-2014, 04:41 PM
hi, i replaced the clutch in my 850d less than 150hrs ago and now it has split in 2... do they give trouble like this? my dealer wont give any warranty what so ever. very dissapointed with this machine

200mph
11-29-2014, 09:41 PM
Sorry to here about your problem. Can you post a few pictures of what the failure looks like?

Was there any indication failure was about to happen, such as excessive vibration?

WOEII
11-29-2014, 10:00 PM
850d or 855d? :lurk:

andyb
11-30-2014, 07:29 AM
its an 850d, 2010. there was a slight rattle sound in the clutch at idle speed which gradually got louder over time and i couldnt edge the gator back or foward without it jumping.. seriously thinking of changing this machine now but i dont know what to trade it for.. are the 855ds just as bad?

MBDiagMan
12-01-2014, 08:06 AM
I have begun rebuilding a few of these clutches and setting up the wear button fit properly. I have seen clutches with various problems, but have yet to see one come apart as you describe. I would really like to see some pictures of it. The clutches for all side by side makes that I know of, other than Honda, are made by the same manufacturer, so changing side by side manufacturers will not get you a different clutch. Honda uses an automotive type transmission that is wonderful, but they have a pulsating single cylinder engine and very short travel suspension. I have some pieces that I might could use to build a clutch for you, but I don't know what taper the 850D uses. If you have an interest in an experiment, you could remove and send me the clutch and I will see what I can do with the parts I have on hand. From your description it sounds as if you will need main frame and it's corresponding spider. In fact, it might very well be that if the inner sheave and it's components are all intact, even if it has a different taper, I could use that and build a clutch on it that would fit onto your engine. PM me if you're interested in pursuing this further.

WOEII
12-02-2014, 04:20 PM
its an 850d, 2010. there was a slight rattle sound in the clutch at idle speed which gradually got louder over time and i couldnt edge the gator back or foward without it jumping.. seriously thinking of changing this machine now but i dont know what to trade it for.. are the 855ds just as bad?
Moved this to the correct section. :Chers: