PDA

View Full Version : New gator smoking

ginboy64
12-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Just brought home new gator 825i. Cranked up and within a few minute I could smell something hot. I thought maybe just that new paint burn off thing. Rode about1/4 mile and back into driveway. Raised bed and noticed that there was smoke around front of engine. It looked to be coming from that sensor in exhaust system about 5inches from the manifold. Also noticed that the electric fan came on... It's 35 degrees outside and I only rode 1/4 mile or so. Temp meter was on the 4th notch, the last one in the "C" range. Any of this normal?

scoobieguy
12-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Don't laugh too hard at the smell test :BG: but here goes ...My guess would be oil from an oil and filter change burning off typical blue smoke and burnt oil smell.. Check if the oil filter has a leak. If that is not the source then it could be a coolant leak form one of the hoses, that would be a sweet smell. Burnt rubber smell would be your clutch/belt, there are many threads about bad primary clutches on the 825i. Good luck.

DIXIEDOG
12-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Are any of your fluids low? Might be worth calling the dealer so they can come out and look at it.....I believe all pickup/drop off costs are picked up by your warranty.