PDA

View Full Version : Oil Question/Running rough when cold Question.

jonny2guns4u
12-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Hey Guys,

I just have 8 hours on my New 825i so the First Oil and Filter Change is coming here soon.

First Question.
Should I go with the lower viscosity oil? it rarely gets below 0F here in Ohio.

Second Question.
Recently my Gator has been running a little rough when first started and cold. After it warms up it seems fine. I think it may be because of three possibilities.

Which is most likely?

1. I did spray off Mud, Blood and Cow Patties 3 times last week during Deer Season and it got really cold after that. Something wet/Frozen? I think not likely.

2. I filled up the Fuel Tank last week. Does the Summer/Winter Octaine mixture really make a difference? My Gas Can had fuel purchased in the Summer.

3. Could there be something that needs to be adjusted? Something Damaged or Failed? The thing is new and I suppose something may be broke or failing.

Third Question.
Have any of you experenced similar issues?

Thanks,
John

BarnDoor
12-26-2010, 01:57 PM
The coldest its gotten here is 20?f and sometimes it does have a slightly rougher idle for a few seconds. Similar to having a high lift long duration camshaft in a car. You may have accumulated condensation in your gas can. If you have ethanol in your gasoline like we do here it could also be that the gasoline is stale and has combustion issues when cold. I'm constantly having issues with my carburetors on my atvs if the gas gets older than two months.

jonny2guns4u
12-29-2010, 08:46 PM
I think I found out what it was. I put a shot or two of Sea Foam in the gas tank and topped it off and the problem went away. I am assuming it was the gas. It was purchased in the summer. I didn't know that they change the gas at the pumps depending on the time of year but it makes sense.

snowboss
01-06-2011, 11:19 AM
todays gas is high priced low quality.

gatorxuv620i
01-22-2011, 07:26 PM
snowboss... your dead on the money!!! Diesel more than gas!!!!