Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parts Wanted!

Thanks

Parts Wanted!

Yesterday I received an email from my local dealer as I wanted to order several items for my new 825i. You know how that goes, "should have ordered them when I purchased". One of the packages I tried to order was the "Rear Protection Package", consists of the rear bumper, bed mat and rear fendere guards. They informed me that you can only purchase the package when ordering a machine directly from John Deere, after that, you have to purchase the parts individually, of course at an increased cost. When you purchase the package from directly from John Deere they installed the parts, now you order them at an increase in cost and you install them. "Does not make good business sense to me". Regarding the windshield kit, the dealer has the "old style" in stock (BM22429) but would have to order the new style (BM23741) which would be back ordered, same cost of $373.00. Does anyone know the difference between the old style and the newer style? Must have changed for a reason, besides, I would think if you have OLD style and you wanted to move it you would discount it a tad? Parts that I want for my 825i is as follows:

Full poly windshield
    Rear bumper
    Bed mat
    Rear fender guards
    Tool box
    1 of each fron and rear stock steel rims (want spares in the trailer just in case)

Thanks
    My dealer swapped me my poly roof for the rear protection package. They took it off a new electric Gator for me. They are all the same as long as they have the plastic bed. I'm sure they could order their next one with it and just take it off for you when it comes in. A good dealer would do that. I don't know anything about the windshield, I don't have one.

Thanks
    [QUOTE=Deputy347k9;12953]Yesterday I received an email from my local dealer as I wanted to order several items for my new 825i. You know how that goes, "should have ordered them when I purchased". One of the packages I tried to order was the "Rear Protection Package", consists of the rear bumper, bed mat and rear fendere guards. They informed me that you can only purchase the package when ordering a machine directly from John Deere, after that, you have to purchase the parts individually, of course at an increased cost. When you purchase the package from directly from John Deere they installed the parts, now you order them at an increase in cost and you install them. "Does not make good business sense to me". Regarding the windshield kit, the dealer has the "old style" in stock (BM22429) but would have to order the new style (BM23741) which would be back ordered, same cost of $373.00. Does anyone know the difference between the old style and the newer style? Must have changed for a reason, besides, I would think if you have OLD style and you wanted to move it you would discount

I am checked into buying the Full Windshield as well, yesterday at my local dealer. I found 3 part numbers for the full-folding windshield. The first, BM 22429, I guess is the old windshield like you said. The new one is BM23741 which is $373. And they also sell as an option (only can be found when you go on the website and custom build a gator), OPS FULL NO SCRATCH folding windshield item #BM23742 for $469, but my dealer had no other literature or any information about this No-Scratch windshield other than the name and it costs ~$100 more than the standard folding windshield. Do you know anything about this No-Scratch windshield? What price did you get for the rear bumper and Rear Fender guards? I am interested in those as well. Did you get a roof yet? I got a price of $404 for the black poly roof and $709 for the Camo Poly roof to match my Gator! What a difference! You can reply on here or to my email again!
    Thanks,
    Ryan

Thanks
    Ryan:

The black poly top cost me $404.00 plus .05% Maine tax. That is the full suggested price from John Deere that great majority of dealers go by. This way that can't undermind one another. I can believe the difference in cost for a camo top! Can't cost that much to make! Where I can not get the rear protection package I have to odrer the 3 parts individually. The cost for that is the package price plus 10% more. John Deere offers a 10% discount when you order packages with a new machine and they install the package. Once it's out the door you can by everything individually for 10% more and either you install the parts or John Deere will charge you a small fee. I have spent many dollars with John Deere, tractors, diesel lawn mower, gators, haying equipment parts and so on, only wish they would give some sort of break in pricing. Does not matter if your in Texax, Florida or Maine the suggested reatail price of parts is the same.
    I really had to work hard to get the price of my machine down, and I paid cash, no charge or credit cards. I guess I am just spouting off. Thanks for listening.

Larry

Thanks
    My dealer knocked 20% off any goodies I bought after the fact.

Thanks
    20% off is a super nice deal. With a discount like that I think the dealers would sell more parts as well as having many more satisfied customers. Without question there is a huge markup in cost for the extras. When we order these machines we are paying a premium cost wouldn't you think John Deere would give us some sort of break? If I was to receive a 20% discount on parts I am sure I would purchase other additional extras.

Larry

Thanks
    I ordered my 825i bare bones, it should be here in 2 weeks or so. I want a ton of extras but my wallet says something else. I am hoping in a year or so more people will have these machines so accessories maybe cheaper to come by, but that is just my hopes

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselsmith View Post
    My dealer knocked 20% off any goodies I bought after the fact.
    What dealer do you go through?
    Thanks!

Thanks
    They only knocked the money off because I bought it there. Their cost is 20% less than the price. They just sold a few items at their cost. Otherwise it would be full price like anywhere else.

Thanks
    I am thinking there has to bo at least 30% markup in parts, if not more. Most places operate on 35-40% markup. I know one has to make money to stay in business but passing on a bit of savings to loyal customers will only create more business. Of course John Deere also controls pricing for all dealers, so it comes down to how much the individual dealer want to share with you.

Larry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast