Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: overheating ...water pump?

Thanks

overheating ...water pump?

orz - Today

I have a 2008 J.D. xuv with a kawasaki engine ... it started overheating...idiot light came on...i found out that a coolent hose had been ripped off wen i was in my woods ... no coolent left in it so i connected the hose back up filled the cooling system ... let it idle the fan kicked on and the idiot light came on again yet the radiator is cold ...is there a water pump in the engine and did it get screwed up when it ran dry i'm thinking its a pump like most boats have impeller type where is it and how hard is it to replace?

orz

Thanks
    Could the system be air bound? Not sure on your engine but on vehicle engines you have to bleed the system or else she will remain running hot. I don't think that would cause the waterpump to burn out.

Thanks
    Shelliejt PLEASE keep us all updated. May turn out to be something very simple but I agree fix it once! This problem could be a learning experience for many of us. Good luck.

Thanks
    I agree with the Deputy. Not many Deere shops are all the familiar with these things yet. I am sure they have some sort of technical bulletins like the auto folks do. As things get listed and fixed hopefully they will learn. I think some of this stuff is learning curve on their part. Then again, I'm sure some dealers have better talent than others. They should however be able to contact their Deere rep for help on resolving the problem.

As far as ORZ problem goes, I am not familiar with that engine but the basic engine cooling system would dictate a water pump and thermostat to operate correctly. I would look for a stuck thermostat first.

Thanks
    My dealership told me last night that they don't know what the problem is yet. I will keep you posted when I find out more. I've never joined a forum, but I think this is a great way to keep informed about our gators. Thank you all for the input.

Thanks
    thanks for all the help .... i haven't had time to bleed the system or check the thermosat ...but i'll be sure to post as asoon as i doand let you know what i find

Orz

Thanks
    Okj finally had a chance to pull the housings off started with the water pump it is rubber type impeller looked ok and was spinning when i started it..so i put that back together and pulled the thermostat ... replaced the housing leaving the thermostat out ....ran the motor and sure enogh temp light came on again and radiator was cold so no flow....i don't think its a vapor lock ..... so I'm guessing its the the pump or maybe clooged ports in the motor ... just so happens my son works for a kaw dealer so im going to have him pick me up an impeller / pump i'lll keep you all posted ...but if anyone has another idea ...im all ears

orz

Thanks
    shelliejt are you having the same problem? and have you talk to the dealer again?

Thanks
    If this is the FD620 engine like I have in my 6x4's there is a top bleed bolt next to the intake manifold to vent any air from the motor while filling the radiator...just remove the bolt while filling until water comes out the hole... and make sure you don't loose the washer...install and tighten the bolt then top off the radiator.
    Hope this helps
    Suffolk Dave

Thanks
    Agree with Dave. Thats the air bleed. You just have air in the system, no matter how long you run it, the water pump can't pump air. It must be removed. After bleeding, leave the cap off at the radiator and let it idle, you will see water churning and bubbling...this verfiys the pump is working.
    Happy Gatoring..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast