Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hard to get out of gear!

Thanks

Hard to get out of gear!

Hello, On my 825i here lately its been hard to shift out of gear. Any gear for that matter. Its like the clutch is engauged. At idle should you be able to sit at a stop (with out holding brake on) in gear? Allot of time soon as I pop it into gear it wants to take off. Like idle is to high, which I don't think it is. Its right around 900 rpms when warmed up. I know with my diesel 855i, it will sit still in gear and you can pull it from high to low to neutrel to reverse with out any trouble. Some times I have to shut my 825i off just to get it out of gear.

Anyone else have this problem??
    2008 620i
    2011 825i
    2011 855D

Thanks
    Might need a small adjustment on shifter linkage. Mine sits at idle fine and is easy to shift while sitting. The demo that I had for a while was also easy and didn't move while in gear Ideling. Although not good to get out of machine while in gear but I have several times and though nothing of it.

Thanks

It didn't do this when I got it. It now has maybe 30hrs. I'll have to check the linkage and see if their is a problem their.

One other thing I have noticed from time to time is a weird sound from the belt maybe like a real soft squeal! This seems to occur durring deceleration at slower speeds.
    2008 620i
    2011 825i
    2011 855D

Thanks
    The sofy squel that you are hearing is the belt. You hear it more when going down a incline I am sure. Basically its like a brake. If you give the gator throttle when you hear it will cause the gator to pick up speed going down a hill making the squeal stop. Its a normal sound. I thought something was wrong also but I looked it up here and seems to be a normal thing. If you have anymore questions ask. Others will chime in also i am sure.

Thanks
    That squeal must not have anything to do with my other problem.

Its got to be something with the clutch not disengaging completly. Soon as I get some free time I'll have to dig down to the clutch and check it out.
    2008 620i
    2011 825i
    2011 855D

Thanks
    Your problem is in your clutch, there is a DTAC solution that covers your problem. If your machine is still under warranty take it to your dealer, the solution is a new clutch. I fixed one the other day that was out of warranty by aggressively sanding the slides that the clutch spider contacts. The solution number is 89966.
    Last edited by nit4fun; 11-18-2011 at 08:59 AM. Reason: added more info
    2011 825i G&Y Classic Edition, Maxxis BigHorn's on Yellow Alloys, Deluxe cab, Deluxe light kit, Long Range Light Kit, Bed lift, Front Brush & Fender Guards, and much more to come!

2004 Hpx 4x4 with all the extra's, gone to a new home.

Thanks
    Thanks for that info. Going to JD dealer and see what they say!
    2008 620i
    2011 825i
    2011 855D

Thanks
    what did they ever say about this? I just took mine yesterday for the same problem. waiting to hear back

Thanks
    Mine is doing the same thing. I guess I should take it in and have them look at it if there is a DTAC. I need a new lift assist rod also.
    Never squat with your spurs on.
    https://www.theconeranch.com

Thanks
    I called me dealer who is 70 miles away and told him I am bringing to to him on Friday on my way to the farm. He has to fix this clutch issue and the broken bed lift assist rod.
    Never squat with your spurs on.
    https://www.theconeranch.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast