Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boss snow plow installed on 825i

Thanks
    just wondering how much the deflector cost mine did not come with one nor shoes i did not know they were a option as well as the easy hitch but that im not worried about but i do need the shoes just dont know if i need two or if all three, anyone know if you can get shoes or deflector online anywhere?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trussman View Post
    Your right it is heavy and so far I have not adjusted the shocks. However I think once the shocks are adjusted it should do fine. As far as the ballast is concern I would think some sand or salt bags would help with traction and leveling it out. If I need to I will get the HD shocks but plan on trying it with the current shocks. My JD dealer tells me I won't have a problem but until it snows I won't know.

The deluxe glass cab is really nice however even with the quiet accesorie option it is noiser than I thought it would be. I thought about trying a muffler silencer to see if that helps. But so far the cab has worked well and yes I can remove the doors in a couple minutes but not seconds.
    I mistakenly wrote that my cab was the "Deluxe" Cab instead of the "Poly" Cab...sorry for the confusion...I really like the Poly Cab with the the real glass windshield, but I LOVE the look of the Deluxe, all glass cab like you have...mine too is very noisy, but that's what I have heard from everyone with any style cab....the way your Gator is set-up, especially with that sweet Boss v-plow is my "Dream Gator"....that's how I would have wanted it set-up if money was no object....I'll start with the regular plow for now, and see how that does this winter....maybe by next winter, I'll decide whether or not the Boss plow like yours would work better for me...

It's good to hear that you can use that bigger plow without any other mods other than maybe adjusting your shocks...that makes alot of difference in deciding whether or not to outfit a Gator with the Boss Plow....once you take the Plow off, you are back to a regular Gator for work and pleasure without having to reconfigure it...and the ballast that I was thinking of is exactly what I figured on using in my dump bed to give it better traction...a few sand or salt bags in the ass end would work great, especially to balance the extra weight hanging off the front of your machine, along with giving you the needed downforce traction on the rear wheels....

Again....thank you for posting the pics of your rig...that's one sweet Gator you have and I know I'd be proud of it!!!....I'll get around to taking some pics of mine here soon and posting them up for everyone to see....I think it's great to see what mods others have done to their Gators so that you can get good ideas for your own....Also, even though I think I already know the answer, let us know how nice that Plow works this winter after using it awhile...having someone give their honest opinion on how it works would help me make my mind up for the future of my rig...

take care...Larry in MD
    Last edited by Regulator; 11-28-2011 at 04:05 PM. Reason: spelling...my fingers go faster than my brain can think...

Thanks
    Hi Larry,

Thanks for the nice comments on the gator and plow. I am looking forward to using the plow but that means it has to snow and honestly I can wait a while longer for that.
    It's great to have a forum like this to share first hand experience and get advice on numerous topics. I have shoved a lot of snow but never with a gator so it will interesting for sure.
    I will be sure to share the good and bad as I learn more. I look forward to your pictures.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trussman View Post
    Hi Larry,

Thanks for the nice comments on the gator and plow. I am looking forward to using the plow but that means it has to snow and honestly I can wait a while longer for that.
    It's great to have a forum like this to share first hand experience and get advice on numerous topics. I have shoved a lot of snow but never with a gator so it will interesting for sure.
    I will be sure to share the good and bad as I learn more. I look forward to your pictures.
    Oh yes!!!!....I am the same way about the snow thing most certainly!!!...I am excited bout getting to use the Gator to plow some snow...BUT, to be honest, it's a mixed feelings kind of thing...I would actually be happier if I got to use it once for purposes of playing in the snow, but after that the plow could stay off the Gator for the rest of the winter!!!...it's alot of money for one use, but if it means no snow, then that's fine by me...hahaha!!!

I just ordered a AM/FM/WeatherBand radio and mount from John Deere to be installed in 825i to help "divert" the noise from the engine and everything else, by adding some music...not sure if that's called accomplishing anything or not...it'll end up being louder I guess with everything sounding off at once...I guess as long as I justify it in my brain, then it's OK....I'm getting the turn signal kit installed on it to while it's in getting the radio put in...I could do it all myself to be honest, but the installation time factor, plus the aggravation and all that makes it worth just letting them do it right...I've done a bunch of Mods myself already so it's not like I don't do anything to it myself...it had to go to the dealership anyway to have my shifter checked as it is hard to get in and out of gear sometimes....not always, but I have read on here that there is a factory bulletin for that problem so I'd feel better if they check it out to be safe...the parts should be here next week sometime...I looked at a few aftermarket radio's and mounts but they were all in the same price range as the JD unit that is made for this Gator...that's why I went with their unit instead...it's alot of money, but I like listening to tunes, so it will be worth it to me in the long run...

I will be taking some pics of the Gator this weekend for sure...I'll be sure to post some on here...

I see you are in Indiana...I had family in South Bend years ago, and we used to go visit them occasionally...my step-father was a graduate of Purdue University, and we checked out their campus once in Lafayette, plus toured the Notre Dame campus in South Bend...Notre Dame had some seriously cool architecture...I think you all get a bit more snow though than we do here in MD from what I remember...I think we only had 2 or 3 storms last year that were actually "snow plow worthy"....and that's fine by me...

take care, my friend....

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Regulator, are you allowed to bring the Gator onto any of the beaches down there ?

Dan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptDan View Post
    Regulator, are you allowed to bring the Gator onto any of the beaches down there ?

Dan
    Dan...hello to you....that's a good question that I don't have an answer for, as I haven't even thought about trying that...I live a good ways from the beaches down around Ocean City MD/Rehobeth Beach DE...about 80 miles up north of them...I live right dead between Dover DE and Baltimore MD on the map...right between the Chesapeake Bay/Chester River/Sassafras River on the east side...the wife and I go to the beaches 3 or 4 times a year on the motorcycle, and then maybe a time or two when the weather is colder...I'm kinda doubting that you'd be able to do it during high season, of course, but maybe you could after Labor Day???...I really can't say...

Then there's the beaches in the State Park just below OC at Assateague...not sure what the rules are there either...that would be the place to go if it is allowed because it would be alot more scenic and remote...I imagine you could go on their website and get the info needed...I know you can go camping there and all that, and that you can drive tagged vehicles on the beach, but i don't know about 4 wheelers/ATV's and such....sorry I'm not any more help...

take care...Larry in MD

Thanks
    Larry,

Thanks... I have been on the beach in Assateague with my jeep, was just wondering if you knew about the gator. I'll do my homework, if I find anything out I'll post it.

Dan

Thanks
    Now beach running would be fun for sure!

You know the only thing I would change on my radio is to hook it to a hot wire instead of the ignition switch power. It is nice to listen to the radio without having to have the key on. I am adding it to my list of things to re-work.

When it comes to Purdue we live about 8 miles from the campus. Two of my sons graduated from there so it was nice to have them close even though they lived on campus. You are right when it comes to Purdues' building designs they are rather non-descript and boxy looking.

Thanks
    Boss plow looks like a winner and let us know how the system works.
    Can you tell me where you found the radio for your deluxe cab? I can't seem to find a radio for the deluxe cab in the build your own website.
    Thanks, Dave

Thanks
    Here is the link to the site. I did not use the brackets they gave me as they would not work for the deluxe cab.

https://www.2trackatv.com/search.asp?...18&search.y=12

Tim

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast