Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boss snow plow installed on 825i

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trussman View Post
    Here is the link to the site. I did not use the brackets they gave me as they would not work for the deluxe cab.

https://www.2trackatv.com/search.asp?...18&search.y=12

Tim
    Thanks Tim, it looks like a good setup. Hope you get some snow soon so we can watch your unit in action.
    Dave

Thanks
    That is sweet!!! I'm so jealous!!!

Thanks
    Well guys it snowed a couple days ago and I was pushing snow with the BOSS blade. It worked like a champ however I think I want to add another 100-200 pounds in the bed. I never had trouble with it shiving snow but we really didn't have that much - aprrox 3-4 inches.
    My wife shot some video and I will try to get it up and share.

Thanks
    Trussman...can't wait to see the video of your Boss Plow in action!!!...I haven't had a chance to use my regular old 72" plow yet, but I'm pretty sure that after I see yours in action, it might be a let-down!!!...hahaha!!!...After seeing the first pics you posted of the plow on your Gator, I kinda figured that you would need a good bit of counter weight in the cargo bed, for rear traction as much as balance...we haven't had a lick of snow yet here in Maryland...in fact, it's been an unusually mild Winter so far...supposed to be close to 55 degree's on New Years Day!!!....I'm thinking that when it finally does hit us, it will be fast and furious and downright miserable in January and February...

Maybe Santa Claus will bring me a Boss Plow next year if I am a good boy...(that would pretty much assure that the Eastern Shore of Maryland would be snow-less for at least 3 or 4 years afterward...)

The best to you in the New Year...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Well I tried to upload the video several times with Tinypic to no avail. I need some guidance on how to upload videos.

Thanks
    Lets try this, first time ever for me to use You tube. My wife took the video, not much snow but it sure felt good to plow the snow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELbSE..._order&list=UL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMpw_QZRvMg

Thanks
    You definitely need rear balast weight. I've got a Boss power poly v plow on my Dodge Ram pickup and it does a great job. One thing I learned a few years ago....when you put weight in the bed, do NOT put up near the cab....put all of the weight NO CLOSER than over the rear wheels. For best results put ALL WEIGHT right next to rear tailgate...this has the affect of lifting most all the weight off your front axle (you've got enough there to worry about with the Boss plow). My pickup Boss plow weights over 1,000 lbs, so proper ballast is a must!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trussman View Post
    Lets try this, first time ever for me to use You tube. My wife took the video, not much snow but it sure felt good to plow the snow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELbSE..._order&list=UL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMpw_QZRvMg
    Very cool!!!!...I loved when your wife said..."there he goes...off into the sunset...!!!"

That is one sweet looking rig most certainly....and that plow is awesome...plowing snow can't be called work now, can it???....that looks like way too much fun to be work!!!

Thanx Trussman...you did REAL good!!!....I appreciate the video's...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    I would agree mgjfam with the ballast and will be adding more before my next snow adventure. This was my first time out and I was anxious to get the gator out in the snow.
    On another note, steering the gator with the plow on can be tiring if you have a great deal of close quarter work. When I took it over to the plant I found out after a couple hours of running that my left arm began to get tired of turning the wheel. I have added air to the tires which helps but I can see why Power steering might be in my future. Especially if I had to run the plow for hours on end.

Thanks
    Larry,

It was a blast to tell you the truth however if we start getting snow it might turn into something else but at least it will more enjoyable than sitting out in the cold..

I think Julie was jealous, as she said later " I would like trying that on the next snow fall"

Tim

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast