Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Boss snow plow installed on 825i

Thanks
    Great update Trussman. I also had the chance to plow this past weekend for the first time, but only 4 inches, instead of the originally 8" they were calling for. I did have some deeper drifted areas.

I was told by my dealer to always run the Gator in Low, which I did, along with 4wd and I did not experience any issues with the gear popping out.

I also agree that the controller takes some getting used to as far as how to hold it and shift at the same time. I also thought about strapping it to my thigh as well. Keep me posted if you try that technique out.

Last note, a suicide knob makes steering one handed sooooo much easier! I was very pleased with how mine worked. Suicide knob in the left hand and the controler and shifting was done with the right.
    Gator Hunter
    "Hunt Hard, Shoot Straight, Kill Clean, Apologize to No One..."

Thanks
    I'm glad it was helpful. Thanks for sharing such a great post!
    Posted stuff was abselutely superb and mind blowing for increasing visitors interest and curiosity.Discussion need to be made some sophisticated and easier for commenters to participate in the discussion?

Thanks
    I just ordered my 825i today - my decision to go with JD was based in part on this site so thanks to all. I plan to add the boss vplow before next winter, and had a question about lighting.

I had figured I would be fine without adding additional lights (already went waaay over budget with the deluxe cab) but re-watching trussman's video looks like the height of the boss plow may block the stock lighting? That may make plowing at night difficult... Any suggestions on the best overhead lights for plowing?

Thanks
    Harriman...welcome to the Forum, and congrats to you for ordering a new Gator!!!...as per your question on lighting, you will probably have to go with the roof mounted lights...John Deere has their lights that they use, and there are a bunch of other lights out there that you could pick from...look through some of these posts to see which lights others are using and then do a little research for yourself as to which ones will fit your budget...they make cheaper Halogen lights, and really expensive HID and LED lighting...anywhere from $50 for a pair upwards to $500 and WAY higher for the LED light bars...with a Boss V-Plow, with it's height when in the up position, you are pretty much stuck with getting the roof mounted ones I would imagine...

Maybe some of the guys with the Boss Plows will chime in and tell you what they are using...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    HI fella's

Been away for awhile and trying to catch up. When it comes to lights, Larry is correct from my point of view. Having them on the roof was a simple install and they do a nice job of lighting up the area in from of you. I ended up using the ones that you can buy from JD but I know you can buy otheres that work as well and even more powerful if you choose.
    I have seen them mounted direct to the plow and perhaps that works well but I can tell you that the plow gets quite a lot of vibration and not sure how well they would work, but then again people install them there.

Hope that helps a little.

Thanks
    Trussman,

Could you take a few pics of how you have your plow adjusted and your washer stacks on your shoes? I've got mine installed but have to get it leveled out yet. Thanks

Thanks
    What's the distance from the front bumper to the outside of the blade, when in V position?
    Thanks for your help!

Great set up

Thanks
    What's the distance from the front bumper to the outside of the blade, when in V position?
    Thanks for your help!

Great set up

Thanks
    can you give me some feed back on how it works.
    mtgator

Thanks
    I can tell you mtgator that the plow works great. I use it to clean several acres of snow off the storage lots. This lot has a stone surface and the stone will cause some issues especially if the ground is not frozen. The plow, even with the shoes adjusted will once in a while dig in and try to push stone with the snow. It takes a bit of practice when working on a surface like this but if the ground is frozen then it works like cleaning asphalt or concrete surfaces. We had snows of 10" with drifts and I never had a problem getting through.
    The only wish I have right now is to install Power steering, it would make it easier to steer when the blade is up and you have tight turns.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast