Thread: Speed override?

Thanks

Speed override?

Has anyone been able to override the max speed on their Gator? I have a 08 XUV 620i and have tried to but to no luck. I am trying to fool the speed sensor with a resister box and have come close only to get to 32 mph and it throws a code. Anyone else have ideas?

Thanks

Thumbs up

I had a theory that you could remove every other lug on the pick up gear in the transmission causing the pick up to register the transmission is going slower but i think it would throw a code because of the ecm. Some will have to hack into the ecm program and reprogram it. Who ever does this will be rich and mabey sought after by the government unless you put it under for race track use only.

Thanks
    Well I hit 34.7 MPH today! Still having issues with through codes. Shot Gun, I like your thinking and that would work however not everyone can pull the unit apart. As far as the government goes, they better keep on trying to fix BP mess and leave private enterprise the hell alone!

I have some other ideas, so please help me think of them.

Thanks
    surely somebody can make these things go faster. I wish it would run about 50 it just seems to govern out at 30. I didnt even know these things could throw codes. How do u know when it throws a code?

Thanks
    The whole code thing is a can of worms. You will know when your Gator throws one, the dash light is blinking “look at me” and the machine looses power and is in a limp mode. Just stop shut it off for a moment and start it back up and it is good to go.

I can go 35 MPH however you have to override the speed at around 20 and then stop it while you’re still Wide Open Throttle (WOT) or a code get thrown. Still a bunch of my friends have 620i and I can be on the road and pass them all since there going 29-30 and I can go 35.

As far as 50 MPH, you never will, I have a tachometer on mine and the motor is governor to 3600 RPM. You can override that, how ever your engine will NOT like it. If you were to put in a higher riving motor that would work too.

The best I think it would do is 42 MPH and that is IF you do the following.
    1) Use the speed control bypass.
    2) Put on bigger tires.
    3) Play with belts and get the widest you can get without having the CVT engaged when you’re at a stop so you can change gears.

Other then that, by a new 825.

Hope this answers your questions and welcome to the forum.

Thanks
    Guess i need to trade it for a new 825 then. I looked at them at the local deere dealer today. Look like nice machines, was going to drive one but didnt have time. Anyone bought one yet?

Thanks
    I just got one two days ago it is amazing!! It runs right at 45 mph and then shuts itself down. I would like to override it because it has a lot more throttle left!!

Thanks
    I would like to know more about the speed control bypass. I am planning on going to 27" tires. Any idea where to start on the belt?

Thanks
    last visit to dealer told me that jd was coming out with new gator to compete with the razor he said it would do 0-30 in 3sec. but never said when it would be out dont know how fast that is since im not in to speed but you might want to ask about it. but if your into speed i think i would start from scratch with the frame and put my own motor in it maybe a thunder cat snowmobile motor got a friend with one in a razor with the boondocker kit with 300+ horsepower but if your gonna spend $20 plus grand i think if you do some huntin you could build one hell of a machine

Thanks
    Im thinking gear change on the belt system could speed up the gator plus not blowup the engine..