Thread: Do all the 6x4 gators have the same attach points for the bed?

Thanks

Do all the 6x4 gators have the same attach points for the bed?

Hello all,

I may have an unusual question. I have a custom camera crane platform mount that has in the rear two pair of 3"x3"metal tabs on each side with approximately a 1" hole through all 4 of those tabs. There is a hook in the front behind the driver's side. I am looking to remove the stock JD bed with the custom mount. Does this sound right... no matter the year of the 6x4 gator? TH or otherwise? I am looking to do what this video is being done: https://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/f...-Off-Road-Jib.

It is for the Jimmy Jib Triangle camera crane. I have been encountering beach and golf course shoots that would greatly relieve the old fashioned 4'x8' plywood shuffle of shooting on beaches and sand traps in Florida. It gets old really fast.

Can anyone tell me the size of the bolts I need? Unfortunately, my cell phone camera does not allow me to send or download pictures at this time. I am saving up to purchase either a used 6x4 Gator or a new one. Any advice on what I should look for on a used one? Or if new is better... is there discounts like new cars... special closeouts, rebates, that I should be aware of? I am looking at diesels. But they are a bit loud, I was wondering if there is a way to quiet them down. Any suggestions?

The attached photos are from the seller of the custom camera mount. Unfortunately, he does not know the year of his Gator and sold it before I purchased the mount. Maybe you guys can ID the 6x4 Gator's approximate year in the following pictures?

DCP_0093.jpgDCP_0104.jpgS001I012.jpg

Thanks for your time!
    Last edited by reachpro; 01-23-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Thanks
    I don't have any answers for your questions, but do have a comment...

That thing ROCKS!!!!....really cool set-up you have shown there...I love to see pictures and hear stories of the different uses for these Gators...this one is totally unique and I thank you for posting the pics for us to see...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Hi Larry,

Thanks for the comments! The mount that you see is a level of ingenious engineering! The picture of the guy you see there is a metal fabricator as well as being a jib/camera operator. If you look closely it is a drive shaft inverted, so it can pivot to level regardless of terrain. The 4 posts that you see there is connected to the main vertical post are huge over sized turnbuckles to help level it out.

So... no one has a 6x4 gator to help me out? I just need visual confirmation of the hook and the size of the screws.