Thread: Dumb question

Thanks

Dumb question

OK i know this is gonna sound lame but the damn little sponge thing in the vent for the cvt keeps getting sucked in and i keep fishing it out which sometimes i gotta get my boy to stick his hole arm in the thing, what in the world? i can see what its for to keep bigger stuff from getting sucked in but do i really need it?

Thanks
    I have the same problem. The first time it happened I thought I had lost it.

Thanks
    On mine i took a piece of heavy mechanics wire and formed a horseshoe shaped piece that fits down inside and bend the lips of the wire around the hose to keep it from going down the tube. This will keep the foam sceen from being sucked down the tube.

Thanks
    My question is, if I am out riding and it gets sucked in there, will it get into something and damage something ? I thought I lost my first one and went and bought a new one, only to to find the original one sucked all the way down into the pipe.

Dan

Thanks
    i would think if it did go all the way into the clutch i seriously doubt it could cause any damage prolly just get blown out the back, the wire idea sounds like a good one im just wondering if i need it at all?

Thanks
    What I did was put a small hole through the round housing and also through the filter. I then put a ZIP TIE through the holes and the problum is solved. Make the sponge filter flush with edge of Black Tube and then punture a hole through with a long thin flat head screw driver. Hole just need to be big enough for zip tie is all.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwood1 View Post
    OK i know this is gonna sound lame but the damn little sponge thing in the vent for the cvt keeps getting sucked in and i keep fishing it out which sometimes i gotta get my boy to stick his hole arm in the thing, what in the world? i can see what its for to keep bigger stuff from getting sucked in but do i really need it?
    Not lame at all.
    I was having a hard time getting my 825i out of reverse. Took it to my JD dealer and guess what. My filter got sucked down and was letting dirt and dust in cuasing my shifting problem. So anything you can do to hold it in place is important. They drilled a hole through the housing and put a long cap screw through it and the filter on mine.

Thanks
    What causes it to get sucked in? Driving hard and fast or what? Mine is staying in place for the time being but I may thread in several screws, zip ties or wire just in case but would like to know the conditions that cause it to dislodge.

Thanks
    Did the dealer do anything to fix the shifting problem?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simtech82 View Post
    Did the dealer do anything to fix the shifting problem?
    Yes, cleaned it up and it works fine.