Thread: No parking brake

Thanks

No parking brake

Since I'm working on the cv's might as well get some information on the parking brake. Since new I've never had a parking brake on this machine. If I pull it all the way up it doesn't stop it at all. It is very annoying and I've just learned to live with it. I've tried messing with it some but have had no success. Not even sure I know what to do, but whatever I have done it has not worked. Any help on adjusting this is appreciated.

Thanks
    Mine is the the same, I rigged up a bungee strap to pull the lever further back until the brakes are activated, seems to work ok.

Thanks
    It doesn't matter how far I pull it back, it will not engage at all. It's like the pad is missing or something? The brakes work fine, but absolutely no parking brake. I wish I could find some kind of service manual on line. I've searched numerous places with no luck.

Thanks
    SWDoodle, I was just on Ebay looking at Gator XUV parts and did see one seller that had listed several of the CV joints that you need. They were used but the price was right and they looked in decent order. I couldn't find a manual, I do think you need one.

Larry in ME

Thanks
    Yeah I hear that, on mine the teeth on the lever appear to have sheared off and in order to engage the brakes I really have to pull it back hard. I wonder if perhaps there are some cables needing some lube or adjustment?

Thanks
    I just changed the pads on my 2008 850d today. Cost $61 but only took 30 minutes to do the job. New pads are so thin its hard to believe they charged that much. Great to have a parking brake again. 9/16 wrench and 9/16 socket all thats needed.