Thread: Newbie in NC

Thanks

Newbie in NC

I just thought I'd stop in and say hello. Yesterday I picked up my XUV 550.

Thanks
    Welcome from Vermont. You will certainly enjoy your new 550! mountaingoat.

Thanks
    Just curious, what part of NC ?

Dan - NJ

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks here.
    Best,
    Steve

Thanks
    I'm in the country about 20 miles north of Durham in the north central part of the state. The closest town is Roxboro.
    ---
    MountainGoat, I've been reading your threads as I do some "teaks" to my Gator. I think there was a $%#^ post in your thread about the switches but I found it quite helpful as I'm getting ready to add some LED driving light to the roof of mine. I also admired those brackets for the rear view mirrors. I have to remember to photograph my mod process as well.

Thanks
    We're getting more XUV550 people on board, that's great. Congrats on a great choice, I know you'll love it. mountaingoat is paving the way for lots of mods, he's doing a good job! Did you get green/yellow or camo? gatordear

Thanks
    I got a green/yellow one with the protection package (front brush guard, bed rails, roof, brake light) and the OPS no scratch windshield.

Thanks
    Thanks Guys , glad you like the gear. I've been building things for more than fifty years, and now out to pasture, retired from the trades, and this little Gator makes a nice encore! Great fun! Do, please post your projects, and photo's! Not much out there in after- market for Deere, but I'm betting things will change now with the 550, and it's monster cousin stepping out at 53 MPH! mountaingoat

Thanks

Welcome from Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoat View Post
    Thanks Guys , glad you like the gear. I've been building things for more than fifty years, and now out to pasture, retired from the trades, and this little Gator makes a nice encore! Great fun! Do, please post your projects, and photo's! Not much out there in after- market for Deere, but I'm betting things will change now with the 550, and it's monster cousin stepping out at 53 MPH! mountaingoat
    I love my 550 that I have only had a couple months and I am sure you will too. Put a windshield, light for tail light and brake light, yellow flashing light to the rear, some reflectors and a rechargeable flashlight so far. Going to get a lexan top made soon. Also has a winch and snow plow, which I hope I do not have to use much. LOL I need to get some pics and get them posted. Have some more ideas but not sure what yet. What are the mirror brackets they are talking about? Have a great day.

Thanks
    Dane, Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your new purchase. I currently reside in Limington, Maine. Sold our farm which we close on Tuesday August 14th at 0900 hours. We purchased a new home in Havelock NC, coastal Carolina near Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point. Mid way between New Bern and Morehead City. I will be there Wednesday afternoon!
    Sold everything we had, NOT the Gator!

Larry in ME soon Larry in NC