Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 550 Roof Lights Installation

Thanks

Thanks

The camera settings may be different for each set of photos so only make comparisons between each group of three. And, in all cases I could see better than the photos show. I had to tone down the exposures because the LED's are so bright.

In conclusion I'd have to say these LED lights are great! I have no experience with other LED driving lights but considering the speed of the 550 the hybrid spot pattern seems perfect. Before this test I had plan B in the back of my mind to add an LED long range light bar in the center for higher speed driving at night but I don't think it's necessary. I still find it hard to believe they do it on so little power. Driving home from these photos I found the stock headlights not needed and ran only with the LED's.

Thanks
    Dane.... Very nice write-up with pictures. Our gator has the same options (protection package) as yours... but, with no windshield and now no led lights on the roof... The other day, I got caught in a super strong thunderstorm (lottsa rain). Boy, did I need a windshield. And those lights, you really did do a great job! My first big mod was hanging a $14 rear view mirror. Good luck.... gatordear

Thanks
    Thank you for reminding me. I need to look for a rear view mirror.

Thanks
    Here is my latest Gator light addition. Since I did this thread I've added a Rigid SR light bar to the center of the roof with the LED's in a spot/flood mix. The LED's in the center are spots straight ahead for long range then the ones on the outer ends of the bar are floods. Then I have my original Dually LED's floods on each side aimed even further to the side for better peripheral vision when picking through the forest.

XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    Very detailed Thank you Dane. Looks great and nice work. Again Thanks. Hows that Honda working for you?
    Last edited by vanderrt; 06-19-2014 at 09:29 AM.
    550 S4 JD Green and Yellow, Lexan Vented Windshield, 3000LB Winch, Bighorn Tires, Alum. Alloy Wheels, Poly Roof, Brush Guard, Rear Bumper, Turn Signals, Flasher, and Stop Lights. Side Mirrors and Rear view mirror.

Thanks
    It continues to run well. I do have something going on though when advancing the throttle from idle. It's hard to make a smooth transition off of idle. It jumps to a fast idle and then has perfect throttle control. At first I thought it was a sticking throttle cable but now I think it's something in the throttle/governor linkage and it's adjustment. It's a rather complex system and I'm really not in the mood pull the body panels off to access the area. Maybe if I get a long rainy weekend I'll get bored enough to look into it.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12