Thread: 855d turbo

Thanks

855d turbo

Has anyone put a turbo on an 855d before because I was wondering what the torque would be. The is supposed to put out 50% more horsepower which would be about 34 horsepower. Is that true also and would the power be more comparable to 825i.

Thanks
    The 825i has 50 hp so although you'd be closer you still wouldn't really be all that close. If you're wanting the power of a 825i it might be cheaper to trade the 855d in for a new 825i compared to the cost of a turbo kit.

Thanks
    Hi i bought two turbo kits from weinmann bros [their service was great] however the kits are not very good at all, if you want to turbo an 855d your best advised to take it to an engineering company and get it built from scrath!!!!

Thanks
    I guess an aftermarket turbo kit would be good for short bursts but I wonder if the stock cooling system has the capacity to handle the heat from more dinosaurs burned to get the power.

Thanks
    Yanmar as been building marine engines for lots of years, since I was a boy ,and to have a yanmar in your boat it was a big deal.yanmar or some aftermarket company must make a turbo that works on this engine I will check with yanmar and report back

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AMAROK View Post
    Hi i bought two turbo kits from weinmann bros [their service was great] however the kits are not very good at all, if you want to turbo an 855d your best advised to take it to an engineering company and get it built from scrath!!!!
    What is wrong with the kits?

Thanks
    I've NEVER been a fan of aftermarket diesel turbo's. That said, if you DO go that route, make SURE that you use a kit that does something to add more fuel to the charge to go along with the added amount of air. Diesels are much different than a gas engine. They draw in a full gulp of fresh air with every intake stroke and the power is regulated by the amount of fuel injected into the compressed air. If you add the turbo and don't do anything to inject more fuel you will NOT make more power. By the same token if you add TOO MUCH fuel, you will raise combustion temperature to damaging levels.

In these machines as well as many other vehicles, the diesel engine choices offer added durability(in many cases) and torque for added tugging power. The gas engines make horsepower for quick acceleration and added top speed. When making a choice it's always best to determine the mission and select the one that best matches the mission.
    Doc
    2013 825i
    I live so far out in the boondocks, my TV runs on propane.

Thanks
    hi... has anyone got any more feed back on putting a turbo on an 855d?