Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tool kit for 825i

Thanks

Tool kit for 825i

Long time lurker, just signed up and first post.

I have had my 825i for about 9 months now and love it. I wish I would have jumped on the side by side bandwagon years ago. This is by far the most practical "toy" I have every purchased. One thing that has me perplexed is that there is no tool kit supplied with this unit. Every atv, motorcycle, or snowmobile that I have ever owned has had some sort of tool kit for the basics. (plug wrench, screw driver, open end wrenches, etc). Now the quality is usually lacking, but definitely would suffice in an emergency. It really surprised me that on a vehicle costing as much as this that something would not be included, or at the very least, offered as an extra. (I think we all have seen that john deere likes having options available.)

Anyone have any luck with an aftermarket kit that would fit the bill for this machine? Most importantly would be a plug wrench that would reach down into the head and get those little buggers (man are those things down there!). Also important would be something that would hopefully fit under the hood in the storage area there. Quality and being made in the US are also important factors.

Thanks in advance.

Abe

Thanks
    Hi Abe,
    Welcome aboard, I just got my 825 in October, I got the wrench to adgust the shocks which was included in my operators manual. i plan to put together a kit before I venture off too far with the gator. I think I would have the basics,.. enough to be able to change a belt if need be. The trouble with me is, where do I stop, I would have the cargo box full of tools and jacks,etc. lol.
    Jake

Thanks
    The most impotant items I carry are a compressor and plug kit.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by srb08 View Post
    The most impotant items I carry are a compressor and plug kit.

I carry a plug kit with the little C02 cartridges to inflate the tire like this one

Other than that I don't carry much, a bit of electrical tape, a few cable ties, and a tow strap.

I really wouldn't worry much about tools for changing spark plugs, they use an automotive style fuel injected engine so it's unlikely to ever need plugs on the trail. Most other engine/tranny stuff you would ever need to fix isn't going to be something you'd have the parts with you for anyway so I don't bring a big tool box with me.

Thanks
    I put Green Slime in my tires. I've never had a flat but I don't know that means anything. Do you guys have luck with the slime or do you skip it and just carry plugs?
    .......Terry in TN

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2011Raptor View Post
    I put Green Slime in my tires. I've never had a flat but I don't know that means anything. Do you guys have luck with the slime or do you skip it and just carry plugs?
    I used Slime on a Kubota BX tire that had a slow leak around the bead that couldn't seem to get fixed and it worked like a charm but I don't like to slime tires just because when you go to a tire shop to get new tires a lot of them won't work on any tires that are slimed. I think it's good stuff but I gotta admit I wouldn't want that crap making a mess out of my shop either.

Thanks
    I thought about carrying CO2 cartridges instead of a pump but saw how a small cartridge was for a slim bicycle tire and the bigger one was for a mountain bike tire. I had no idea how many cartridges it would take to pump up a big fat back tire on the Gator so I went with an air pump.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    I thought about carrying CO2 cartridges instead of a pump but saw how a small cartridge was for a slim bicycle tire and the bigger one was for a mountain bike tire. I had no idea how many cartridges it would take to pump up a big fat back tire on the Gator so I went with an air pump.
    It takes 2 cartridges to inflate a typical atv size tire.

Thanks
    Very good ideas. I already have a small compressor laying around somewhere, will defiantly be carrying it with me. I really did not give any thought that this was an automobile engine, and really should act like one.

Thanks
    Jake-those were my exact thoughts where to stop? Let us know what you come up with and how it works out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast