Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2004 HPX Gas Gator Charging Issues

Thanks

2004 HPX Gas Gator Charging Issues

I am new to the forum but not new to Gators. I just Really need to know What Charges the battery and runs the lights and accessory outlets on My 2004 4X4 HPX Gas John Deere Also My Head Lights Don't Work??? I need To know ASAP

Thanks
    Paco115
    Last edited by paco115; 01-11-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks
    Unless it has the auxiliary alternator(looks like a car alternator with a belt) then it has a charging coil under the flywheel that connects to a regulator on the right frame rail of the gator under the bed. I assume you have checked the fuses and the ignition switch to make sure the are as they should be.

Thanks
    Most likey a stupid question. But can I add a auxiliary alternator to my gator??

Thanks
    MP32307________UN06AUG03.jpgMP43400________UN28MAY10.jpgFactory option for an upgraded alternator is a mini alternator like a car or small 3 cyl diesel engine. remove the plastic flywheel cover ( passenger side) there are three bolt holes in the flywheel. The factory bolts a pulley to the flywheel, there is a knock out on the plastic cover to allow the belt to pass through. I had contemplated adding an alternator to mine as I have added a winch, 4 spotlights, and tail lights. They were all draining my battery to the point it wouldn't start anymore. I instead opted for a Red top OPTIMA battery it fits snugly into the battery compartment after removing the plastic battery tray. The stock alternator is 20 amp the optional external alternator is 60 amp.

Thanks
    05gator, by chance did you price that little gem out complete to install? I did the same thing you did and installed a 700 cca car battery working great for me.
    Last edited by jergeod; 01-20-2013 at 09:26 PM.
    2005 HPX, My add ons ( w/OPS, XUV wheels,1 1/2 inch spacers front & rear, at489 tires, 3000 lb winch, body armor spray in bedliner,self made one peice windshield & roof, homemade snowplow.

Thanks
    No, If I was to add an auxilary alternator it wouldn't be john deere simply for the price I'd fab it myself. I just looked up the price through our local dealer and it says $356.31 (BM22449)

Thanks
    Thanks guys

Thanks
    no problem

Thanks
    Hi Paco, if you havn't found your problem yet you can ohn your two stator wires for continuity and to grnd. Those two wires go to rect reg on rt rear inner frame rail. unplug to check hot two stator wires 15 to 30vac engine running, If you AC there then check for DC to Bat. Also could be blown or burnt fuse

Thanks
    Ok so if one of you guys would know how to go about making a alternator for my gator could you let me know?? I really don't want to pay John deere price �� lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast