Thread: RSX Airbox Question

Thanks

RSX Airbox Question

Cleaned my air filter today. The book shows that there is an oval cut out on the driver's side airbox, identical to the left side clutch intake. On my machine there is no cut out on the driver's side, just a raised plastic oval with a 1/2 hole drilled through it. Is everyone's machine like this or do I have something mismanufactured? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks
    Mine is like that too.

Thanks
    i'm not sure what my book shows but mine is the same as yours on the machine.
    dj-- Cumberland Plateau, TN

825i power steering, front and rear protection pkgs, power dump, soft top, no scratch w/s, yellow alloy wheels w/maxis big horn radials and more.

Thanks
    Thanks for the replies!!

Thanks
    John Deere should have spent a little more time around the air intake system. The only thing good about that box is the filter. You would have thought that they would have sealed it better, with a gasket or something. Looked impressive enough when I purchased the 850i, but leaves me feeling nervous to take it through any type of water. Also I had a problem with water getting into the transmission through the dip stick tube? this should have been fitted with a better dip stick, one that seals would have been nice. Other than that I love the 850i, but I have only got 37 miles so far.