Thread: Replacing headgaskets on a 1998 Gas 6x4 Gator

Thanks

Replacing headgaskets on a 1998 Gas 6x4 Gator

Hello to all,

This is my first post but I wish it was another topic.

First, I hope all of forum members are safe that live in OK.

Next, I think both head gaskets are shot on my JD Gator, 1998 6X4. Has anyone ever replaced the head gaskets and it is a big job pulling the valves and resetting them? Besides all the standard metric tools, what else will I need on this project? I am going to borrow a torque wrench.

Finally, I beleive there are 8 gaskets to replace: 2 head gaskets, 2 Valve cover gaskets, and 4 exhaust [2 intakes/2 outtakes]. Any and all advice is welcomed.

Best regards,
    tstex

Thanks
    I don't know that engine specifically but take some pictures as you work and post back. I'm sure someone else would love the information in the future.

Good luck!
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    I have a2002 utility gator .itgrinds when shifting intogearwhichclutch do I need to change?

Thanks
    Shorty, you may want to post your question in a new thread since you're burried in a thread about head gasket replacement so it might not get as much attention.

I don't think your grinding has anything to do with replacing a head gasket. First I would check your engine idle speed. If it's too high the primary clutch (the one on the engine) will be engaging while at idle making shifting difficult and noisy.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires