Thread: 622 Belt Replacement ?

Thanks

622 Belt Replacement ?

Guys Ive looked all over the net but havent found the answer. Whats the procedure for changing the drive belt and how tight-loose should it be for correct operation ? I cant afford to spend 50 bucks for the manual. Thanks

Thanks
    Hopefully one of the guys with an AMT will chime in but I don't think there is any belt tightness spec and I don't think there is an adjustment. I think there is a spec on the belt width but the belt will be loose when the machine is idling or not running. When the engine rev's up the primary clutch closes and takes up tension on the belt.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    Well I can see the AMT series does have slotted holes for the engine to move forward and back so I assume the need for correct placement ?

Thanks
    Do you know if the AMT operates more like a golf cart where the engine shuts off when you stop or are you intended to start the engine up and it can idle without moving and then you rev it up to drive?
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    Manual info:

1. Tension belt with 45N (10lbs) force.

2. Belt deflection should be 38-42mm (1.5 - 1.75 in.)

Mine is a bit too tight, makes squeeking sound when idling, works still OK.
    AMT 600 -89 w. GX390 13hp (copy)motor

Thanks
    Thanks juttu.

Thanks
    I loosened the bolts beneath the engine to push the engine to where I wanted the tension and tightened them up, worked great!