Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trailer Size?

Thanks

Trailer Size?

Helping my dad with an 850i purchase and we are wondering what size trailer you guys are using to haul them around? The JD guy says 10'. I can see that would work if the RSX was pulled up to the front or backed in but I wonder if that makes the tongue heavy? Suggestions / input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks
    I have a 5x10 trailer and my 825i fits on it good with not a lot of room to spare. Tongue weight is determined on where the axle is positioned on the trailer. Also welcome aboard!

Thanks
    Great! Thanks for the info.

Thanks
    I use a 6X12 trailer it gives you plenty of room, even a little extra for supplies.

Thanks
    I have used large open and closed trailers that I pull with a truck. The smallest trailer I use is the u-haul 6 x 12 . Gator fits nicely and there is just enough room to move around it to tie it down.

IF you are considering an enclosed trailer, remember 2 very important things, you need room to move around the Gator in order to tie it down, and the height. MOST stock trailers are not tall enough for the Gator, you need one with extra height. Most enclosed trailers are 72 inches (6 feet ) The gator is 75 inches high.

Finally, and to date I do not think anyone has been able to get a straight answer from John Deere, if you use an open trailer John Deere says the Gator should be towed backwards - the front of the Gator facing the rear.

Keep us posted what you do !

Dan

Thanks
    I most often use a 5 x 10' open trailer to move my 550 (same size as 850) around town. I pull it in nose first so the front bumper rests on the frame of the trailer to prevent it from moving and it's easy to use the winch to keep it snugged forward. Gator's are light enough that I don't think it's possible to make any trailer too tongue heavy no matter which way you load it.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

SouthEast Texas (Big Thicket), United States
    Thanks
    I use a 16ft. lowboy that way I have extra room incase something happens. I load my Gator facing forward and tie it down with 4 straps (one to each corner of the trailer). Never any problems.

David in TX
    2011 825i - Olive Green & Black - Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires - Bench Seat - Custom Built Backsplash - Power and Front Protection Package - Rear Protection Package - Front Hood Rack - Sprayed Cargo Box Liner - Cargo Box Mat - Tail Light Protectors - Front & Rear CV Guards - 500lb. Cargo Carrier (rear receiver) - Dual rear receiver w/extension - 150lb. Cargo Carrier (front receiver) - Tailgate feeder (rear receiver) - Fortress Brand Metal Top - Fortress Brand Windshield - 2500lb. Warn Winch - Custom Built (by me) Bow Holder - Big Sky Racks Dual Gun Holder (mounted under cab) - 2" Front Lift Kit - Upgraded Rear Suspension ( 10" x 800lb. coil springs on Polaris Ranger HD Shocks) -

Thanks
    All great information. Thanks to everyone. I think I am set on the 6' width but am going back and forth over the 10' or 12' length. Leaning towards the 10' though. Anyone have experience with the Gorilla Lift systems for the ramp? Good, bad, meh? Thanks.

Thanks
    6' X12' here too, 10' just doesn't allow any extra room.

Thanks
    I started shopping for a 6x12 but saw all metal sides rather than open frame (maybe $200 more) gives more options like to haul dirt. I first have to fix the wiring on my Dakota since I ripped the 4 wire connector in half.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast