Thread: No Speed on my 622 ?

Thanks

No Speed on my 622 ?

Hey guys Ive replaced the belt and the motor seems to be hitting the correct rpms. The secondary clutch seems free- I can twist the halves and can see movement when in neutral revving it up. The primary clutch is wore some mostly the spider.......the studs arent round like they should be and are somewhat egged. Spring tension seems good and it still narrows as rpms increase. There is just no speed to speak of, nowhere near the advertised 20mph. Im baffled by this ? Any ideas? Thanks PS It picks up speed going downhill almost like it shifts into another gear but then slows again on a grade.
    AMT 622

Thanks
    There are wear parts in the drive clutch so it's very possible it's time for a new one or at least an overhaul. If it does not close all the way it will affect the top end speed.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    Mine did 25km/h on a slight downhill once. Usually it putters at around 23km/h. They're definitely not built for speed.
    -JD AMT 626
    -JD 855
    -JD 322
    -Quadrunner 250
    -Quadrunner 280 (Project)
    -Big Red 200es
    -Skidoo Mach 1
    -Yamaha DT 175