Thread: How to keep tension on the chains?

Thanks

How to keep tension on the chains?

My 626 has a chain on each side, just seems strange the way the keep tension. There is an adjustable sprocket mid way, but it only puts tension on the lower side of the chain not the top. It holds the chain up enough to keep it from rubbing on a tube, but the chain will jump off those sprockets sometime. Is something missing under there?

I don't know if we can post pictures on the site or not??

Thanks
    Yes you can post pictures. You can upload them to a photo hosting website and post the links and I think you can upload them directly to this forum.

Are you able to adjust the position of the idler sprocket to tension the chain? Having one sprocket on the bottom would be normal since when driving forward the top part of the chain is pulled tight forcing all the slack to the bottom.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    I don't think so, the top will stay loose, the teeth in the rear and front sprocket keeps the chain in the same # of teeth, same length. So the only way to give her tension is to have something physically to lift the chain and that sprocket is on the bottom, center.
    At least that is the way mine looks.

Thanks
    You NEED to jack up the back end of the machine to adjust the chains, if the wheels can't turn freely the adjuster will only adjust the bottom of the chain as it is connected on the cogs at the top. Jack up the back end of the machine and then adjust the chainns and I bet you'll have years of trouble free use, I adjusted my chains 2 years ago when I got the thing and I have never had any trouble with them and it does a lot of heavy pulling and hauling and spinning tires.
    -JD AMT 626
    -JD 855
    -JD 322
    -Quadrunner 250
    -Quadrunner 280 (Project)
    -Big Red 200es
    -Skidoo Mach 1
    -Yamaha DT 175