Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running Rich!! HELP!!

Thanks
    My fuel pump make two different noises. The initial noise then groans more like it picked up fuel. Its a 2 stage pump noise kinda if that makes sense.
    2014 XUV 825i power steering camo--Black sport wheels and Bighorns, front and rear protection packages, ops roof, long range lights, deluxe signal and parking lights, mid range lights, sport seats and doors.

2012 RSX 850i camo--3500 lb Summit winch, sport wheel, ops roof, bed rails and more.

Thanks
    Well I put a brand new regulator and a new fuel filter on it over the weekend. It did better for maybe three cranks then went back to doing the same thing. Anymore ideas? I guess it could be water in my tank and the old filter had water in it, so it did good till the new filter got water in it also. Guess I will try that next.

Thanks
    Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem with my 825i. I've changed fuel regulator twice, cleaned tank, changed plugs twice, new fuel filter/air filter and so on. 4 trips to JD dealer. I can't afford this! I'd really like to get my gator starting properly! There's got to be a simple solution. Mines got only 200 hours on it and it's be behaving like this since the 150 hr mark.

Did you get you get yours fixed?

Thanks
    I know this is an old thread, but you probably need to change your injectors.

Thanks
    I agree, you need a new set of injectors. Had the same issues with hard starting and sputtering with a rich fuel smell. I'm not an expert mechanic but with a little patience I was able to change them myself. If I remember correctly you probably want to sit down before they tell you the cost.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12