Thread: more power required

Thanks

more power required

hey guys. my 850d just hasnt got the power for the work i am doing, how can i generate more power without causing any damage to the machine? doe it have an ecu where i can maybe chip it? or maybe screw up the injector pump. ideally i would love to put a turbo on it but at 2000 dollars its too expensive for me

Thanks
    I checked amazon and they don't seem to have a chip for the 850D just the 855D not sure where else a guy could look
    GO BRONCOS
    Last edited by Destiny creek; 11-18-2013 at 01:29 PM.
    855 Diesel c/w block heater* High Performance Sport Seats - Black with camo seat covers* Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector *Back up lights * Front Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Rear Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Interior Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Side Mirrors - Deluxe Cab*Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Kolpin chainsaw mount*Kolpin double gun cases *4500 lbs superwinch*Hella spotlights*UTV cab heater*

Thanks
    A couple times you've mentioned wanting more power without damaging the machine. I don't think you can get something for nothing. More power will put more strain on most of the power train components. Can you run your's harder? Yes. Will it affect the life of the machine? Of course. Enough to matter? Who knows. I think much will depend on how the machine is operated. A smart person operating the machine well could push it harder without ill affect while an idiot is capable of breaking almost anything.

Engines are rated at certain horsepowers and rpm's to provide a certain duty level. A diesel at a high power level may be called light duty while the same engine might be called medium or heavy duty. The engine in my excavator is severely derated. The basic engine is rated for 21hp at 3'450 rpm while in my excavator it's a heavy duty, long life engine at 2'400 max rpm and 11 hp.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    You have to love opinions makes for interesting reading
    GO BRONCOS
    855 Diesel c/w block heater* High Performance Sport Seats - Black with camo seat covers* Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector *Back up lights * Front Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Rear Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Interior Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Side Mirrors - Deluxe Cab*Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Kolpin chainsaw mount*Kolpin double gun cases *4500 lbs superwinch*Hella spotlights*UTV cab heater*

Thanks
    thanks for your replies. yes, i realise i am asking alot. i ordered a chip from magnum tuning which they say will fit the 850 and claim it will give it 15% more power..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb View Post
    thanks for your replies. yes, i realise i am asking alot. i ordered a chip from magnum tuning which they say will fit the 850 and claim it will give it 15% more power..
    Let us know how it works out for you best of luck hope all works well
    Best regards
    GO BRONCOS

Thanks
    A smart thing to do adding fuel to a diesel would be an egt gauge they can get hot fast. Diesels are the opposite of gas the richer they run the hotter they are without adding a turbo you are going to be very limited on adding power as you need more air. Your best bet would be water meth injection. Or if you are just looking for power sometimes diesels love nitrous as it cools and adds oxygen to the intake charge. On my 6.4 truck the nitrous system adds 300 hp. Also a very free flowing
    2011 825i camo, black alloy 30" zilla tires, sport seats, hp exhaust, warn 3500lb winch, camo poly roof,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb View Post
    Um...they are selling you snake oil. There is no computer on a 850...only way to increase power is manually turn up the pump.

Thanks
    Turbo charge it !!!

Thanks
    yes, i think u are right hardint.. but at over 2000 dollors its a hard decision