Thread: RSX850i Outside temperature gage

Thanks

RSX850i Outside temperature gage

The RSX850i has a digital display in dash that looks like it has the capabilities to display outside temperature in celsius or fahrenheit. The dealer tells me that its generic for the display john deere used, and can't be hooked up. I find that hard to believe! Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks
    I noticed that, too. I mentioned elsewhere in this forum that on power-up it displays "-188* F/C" for just a moment. The cluster obviously has temp display capability that J-D has chosen to ignore (or offer as an option next year?). There are at least three unused terminals on the cluster connector, and all you should need is two for the thermistor and a third to ground or not ground that selects F/C. I am not sure if the temp sensor is an industry standard device. But I am waiting until I have a service manual to help with the reverse engineering process. Dealer wants $120 for the CD, wholesale is $70, but I'm holding out for the $10 version unless Santa stuffs my stocking with $$$$. Somebody help me with obtaining a copy of TM107119 and I promise to post the hack as soon as I can do it.