Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What upgrades do you wish to see in the next upgrade to the Gator

Thanks

What upgrades do you wish to see in the next upgrade to the Gator

Just wondering what everyone wants to see upgraded, added or redesigned for the next incarnation of Gator? Please add which size Gator you want upgraded.

825i Upgrade wishlist

1. Update electronic dash w/ gear indicator. I appreciate the power steering, fuel gauge & light up dash switches.
    2. Redesign passenger handhold so it's outside glove box & add glove box door.
    3. Add more internal storage, such as under seat for both bench & bucket seat options. A friend's 2014 Polaris midsize has room for storage tray under seat. Don't see why a Gator with bench seat shouldn't have it too.
    4. More foot room for driver & passenger. Major redesign would need to take place.
    5. Larger fuel capacity & tethered gas cap-- a friend lost their Polaris cap today & neither JD or Polaris caps are tethered to the machine.
    Last edited by BillT; 07-31-2016 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Added#5 to my list
    Bill T
    2014 Green & Yellow 825i w/ Power steering , Sport seats, poly cab & doors, front / rear CV guards & Terra 45 Superwinch along w/ Rigid Industries D2 driving lights on brush guard & SRQ2 diffused lights
    on back of cab. Set of Camso 2011 UTV S4 tracks for winter use!

Thanks
    I think you covered all my ideas for a wish list on the gator itself. I wish they would do some redesigning of the deluxe cab that goes on the gator. I think instead of the one piece glass doors you need sliding windows on the doors so you can get more fresh air without having to take the doors all the way off. Also when installing the off-road lights on the roof I wish you had easy access to put the nuts on the bolts for the brackets that hold the lights on. One other thing, the shocks on the front windshield, I think it would be nice if it would open in two stages, one at the halfway point and the other one where it does now. these are just a few ideas off the top of my head.

Thanks
    Agree with the above...my comments so far...

1. Clean up wiring in the battery area. The wiring design leads to a huge rat's nest

2. Fuel tank gage is not very accurate at times - but not a show stopper.

3. More behind the seat storage (not just a nylon backpacks) - agree more storage in general

4. Better packages sold as a discount such as light/sound kit that includes turn signals, horn, backup warning, etc. rather than a la carte on virtually everything or closer to making it seem more street legal (mirrors, horn, flashers, etc)

5. Spot for second battery

6. Better mirror options (rear, side) although after market has a good one

7. Better stock headlights
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    I noticed the front receiver hitch on my 825i after taking delivery, seems like a good idea & hope to use it soon. I never learned to backup w/ a trailer very well.

Whitetail Deere, I don’t have a glass cab but seems like JD should redesign it so 1 OPS works with all cab options, wouldn’t you say? No opening windows in doors, uh seems a basic idea, right?

Bunky, just wondering how the fuel gauge is inaccurate? Have only had my ’14 825i for 2 weeks & haven’t notice this yet. Was your machine level? Was it reading too much or little fuel?

Yes more storage is a must, if the Gator is designed for trail riding, you want gloves for winch use, tire repair & basic tools kit for the inevitable breakdown of the competition’s side x sides. At present these rattle around or fall out of the glove box because there is no door. The front tray storage is a joke if trail riding, too small & not deep enough.

Oh yeah, rework the front brush guard to protect more of the plastic front end from impacts? Also redesign air intakes so it travels through deeper water w/out problem. Why brand your machine Gator if it can’t travel through water?
    Bill T
    2014 Green & Yellow 825i w/ Power steering , Sport seats, poly cab & doors, front / rear CV guards & Terra 45 Superwinch along w/ Rigid Industries D2 driving lights on brush guard & SRQ2 diffused lights
    on back of cab. Set of Camso 2011 UTV S4 tracks for winter use!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BillT View Post

Bunky, just wondering how the fuel gauge is inaccurate? Have only had my ’14 825i for 2 weeks & haven’t notice this yet. Was your machine level? Was it reading too much or little fuel?
    I can fill the tank up to the top it is almost overflowingnd yet it does not always read full and after a few minutes of use if it did it would drop 1 to 2 bars. It is just on the upper end. Full usually show 2 bars down. I never get it low so no idea about the other end.
    Last edited by Bunky; 05-17-2014 at 10:33 AM.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    Power steering standard.

AND

Change belt drive train system to a positive system that restrains going down hill.
    2015 = 825i Ole & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn -- radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear scree; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof - Black; side mirrors; multiple mirror center; horn; Fender guards;rear bumper; rear fender guards; J.D. FLOOR MATS &POWER STEERING & 3 MPH POSITIVE COAST...

2011 -- 825 i Olive & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn--radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear screen; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard, Deluxe Light Kit; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof-Black; side mirrors; GOLF cart center mirror; horn; Fender guards; comfort system expanders for seat belts; rear bumper; rear fender guards; Long Range Lights; JD knob; J.D. FLOOR MATS.

Thanks
    Deere has changed the fuel sending unit on it's 2014 models, If yours is under warranty have the dealer change it out. Friend of mine just bought a Polaris 900xp and hate to say but it has a lot of nice features to it. It is still not as heavy built as Deere's as far as the power train and frame.

Thanks
    More covered storage
    Suspension improvements to carry rated load at near mid range of ride height or air suspension
    redesign seating area to allow for 3 adults (like Polaris)
    Redesign drive system to operate engine at lower rpm (Burn less fuel)
    Change exhaust system to operate at much lower decibels

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GATORDONE View Post
    Deere has changed the fuel sending unit on it's 2014 models, If yours is under warranty have the dealer change it out. Friend of mine just bought a Polaris 900xp and hate to say but it has a lot of nice features to it. It is still not as heavy built as Deere's as far as the power train and frame.
    My warranty has officially expired but would not get it repaired for the guage since I do not want to pay to get it to the dealer..I have no trailer and that would be another $1000+. The dealer can do a pick up but I will save that more important repair.
    Al

Thanks
    Hopefully JD will listen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast