Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Clutch issues

Thanks
    Yes, those are also good reasons for a manufacturer to get warrantied parts returned Bunky. Even more reason that I was surprised when a few folks got their old clutches.
    Doc
    2013 825i
    I live so far out in the boondocks, my TV runs on propane.

Thanks
    JD is going to do R&D on my old clutch.....got my 825i back today and the new clutch feels great. I have a 2012 and I believe with this clutch change I have gained the engine braking of the newer Gators. It has engine braking like never before including when it was brand new, it works excellent. The shifting is also very smooth, hopefully it stays that was for many years to come.

Thanks
    Sounds good Dixie. I would suggest that you run it hard and give it a chance to lock up before the warranty expires. If it makes it past a few good hard heat and cool cycles, it has a good chance of making it forever.Best of luck with it and please keep us posted.
    Doc
    2013 825i
    I live so far out in the boondocks, my TV runs on propane.

Thanks
    The dealer is picking up my Gator next Monday. This past weekend I was backing up a hill in reverse and it would not shift back into neutral due to the clutch not releasing. I turned it off but still did not release so I had to let it sit for a while. Then with some rockinm it slipped easier out of gear. JD gets one try to fix it. Once I turned it off I could not start it again since it was in reverse.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    That bites! I've been there and I know how annoying and embarrassing it can be to have to shut down and rock the vehicle back and forth to get it in or out of gear.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    I had a worker snap the shifter this past weekend in my 825i ugh
    2013 825i w/PS Olive/Black

Thanks
    On my second clutch (2011 855D) This is the weakest part of the Gator.
    Started by jumping of of forward gear and now locking up.
    Any one know of after market products to cure? Belt, etc.
    Out of covered period and starting to get costly.

​Thanks

Thanks
    Jumping out of gear could be fixed with a simple shift linkage adjustment. It also could worn parts inside the transmission which would not be so simple or inexpensive.

By "locking up" I assume you mean it's difficult to shift into and out of gear. That could be the primary clutch not releasing properly. I sent my clutch to forum member MBDiagMan and had him "tune" it. My clutch got so bad sometimes it would not open even when the engine was turned off. MBDiagMan went through my clutch and hand fitted the wear buttons on the spider and adjusted the plate spacing for my belt. Now it works better than any clutch I got from Deere and the machine shifts into and out of gear very reliably. In fact, since he worked on it I have not had a single instance of difficult shifting.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    Dane,

Thanks for the reply.
    I think the linkage is one issue since it doesn't do it all the time.
    (Jumping out of gear).
    Ordering a new clutch and see if we can fine tune as recommended.
    before installing. Not beating on the machine or overworking it but
    ​plowing with Boss plow and spraying, etc.

Thanks again.

Thanks
    My gator goes to the shop on Monday. The second guy I talked to said the clutch program had expired but will see what they say. I will give JD one chance to fix it then go Dana's route if necessary.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast