Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have the Special Edition steering wheel?

Thanks

Anyone have the Special Edition steering wheel?

New to the forum...I just this weekend installed the EZ-Steer power steering kit on my 2015 XUV 825i. I am now thinking of installing a JD special edition steering wheel from the 2014-2015 flat black special edition XUVs. Do any forum members have this wheel on their Gator? If so, could you describe it, or better yet post a photo? I am particularly interested if the SE steering wheel has the same "dish" dimension to it. I am worried about clearance with my knees and would not be happy it the wheel were flatter than the standard wheel.

I realize there are a number of more cost effective aftermarket options, but I'd really like to stick with JD stuff.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks

Photos

OK, so with some searching I was able to answer my own question(s). I thought I'd post what I found in case others were interested. It appears that while the Special Edition sport wheel has a flat dish profile, the wheel comes with a spacer which keeps the plane of the steering wheel in the same place as the standard wheel, thus no clearance issues.

From what I can tell, JD wants $196.89 for the wheel.

Here are a couple of photos. *Credit G & H Equipment for photos from video found in this post:

https://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/s...idnight-Cowboy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FlorIdaho Chris; 07-12-2015 at 06:38 PM.

Thanks
    Does it come with everything you need to install it on your 825i? I have a 2013 and wanted to do the same thing.

Thanks
    I ordered JD part number BM23933 from an online Deere dealer. The part was $190.31 including shipping. From searching the Deere parts site it appears to come with everything you need. I will let you know once I receive the order and install it. Probably take about a week.

Thanks
    FlorIdahoChris:

Can you share with me the name and address of the dealer where you purchased the steering wheel? My local AgPro dealer wants almost $30.00 more than what you show.

Thanks,
    Rich

My email is as follows: rmosso1@belllsouth.net
    2015 = 825i Ole & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn -- radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear scree; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof - Black; side mirrors; multiple mirror center; horn; Fender guards;rear bumper; rear fender guards; J.D. FLOOR MATS &POWER STEERING & 3 MPH POSITIVE COAST...

2011 -- 825 i Olive & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn--radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear screen; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard, Deluxe Light Kit; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof-Black; side mirrors; GOLF cart center mirror; horn; Fender guards; comfort system expanders for seat belts; rear bumper; rear fender guards; Long Range Lights; JD knob; J.D. FLOOR MATS.

Thanks
    Rich-

I sent you an email with the information. As a newbie on the forum I do not know what the rules/protocol are for posting vendor names and information. I am happy to post the information in this thread if someone will let me know if that is OK...
    Last edited by FlorIdaho Chris; 07-18-2015 at 08:01 AM.

Thanks

Does not fit-do not buy

OK, so I received the wheel today and went to install it. It does not fit! Something must be different on the Special Edition steering shaft. While the splines are correct and the shaft diameter is correct, the shaft is not long enough on the regular Gator to reach the hub on the new wheel. Either that or the hub in the wheel is too far out. There is no way to get a the nut back on. Look at side view photo below and compare to side image in second post above.

So, to anyone following this thread; DO NOT BUY THIS WHEEL! See photos below.

I really cannot figure this out. I have spent a bunch of time looking at the JD parts catalog. I cannot find but one shaft number listed for the 825i. The 825i uses the same two steering wheels on the power steering version as well. At the bottom of this post see excerpt from the parts catalog clearing showing both type wheels working with the same shaft.

I looked at the RSX. The RSX 850i calls for this same SE wheel and the stock RSX steering wheel is the same as the XUV 825i. The shaft is the same part number with both wheels on the RSX as well.

I am at a loss. It just makes no sense. I will spend time on the phone with JD tomorrow. Would be interested if anyone has any ideas what is going on here...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FlorIdaho Chris; 07-20-2015 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks
    Oh, man it looks so close. Thank you for the info, please keep the thread going on the info you learn, it is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Could it be that Deere got a bad batch? Just made wrong. Seen it before. Keep us posted. Thanks for all your aggravation.

Thanks
    I did not get anywhere talking to a couple of parts guys yesterday. The sales volume is just so low on these kinds of things compared to everything else JD sells that no one has any real working knowledge.

I like the idea that the part was just made wrong. A possibility. I don't really know how to check this out without finding someone with a SE Gator.

I put a call into the Gator Product/Marketing Manager at JD corporate. I am hoping he will return my call and we can get to the bottom of this.
    Last edited by FlorIdaho Chris; 07-22-2015 at 07:36 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast