Thread: 2013 HPX battery charging problem

Thanks

2013 HPX battery charging problem

Having a problem keeping my battery charged. Can someone walk me thru the steps on checking the voltage regulator. I have checked and the stator seems to be good. With the plug disconnected from the engine side to the regulator I have the 36 VAC. After reconnecting the plug what wire do I check for the DC voltage? The new voltage regulator has really jumped in price, so I need to be sure that I need one.

Thanks
    An easy test for the regulator is to check the voltage at the battery with the engine off and then again with the engine running at various rpms. With engine off the battery should be around 12.6 volts (if charged) and it should increase to 13.5 -14.5 volts or so when it is running.

Test it and let us know what you find.
    2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, Front and Rear 4" square 27 watt LED lights, Bad Lands 2500lb Winch installed in bed, Front and Rear CV Guards

Thanks
    The other check is to be sure you do not have a constant current drain by using an ammeter but then battery failing will have lower voltage (less than 12.6 when charged).
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    Checked with various rpm's, only getting 12.5 max volts back to battery. Voltage regulator or stator?

Thanks
    Still having charging problems on this Gator. Replaced the regulator and battery. Convinced it may be the stator. How do I check to insure stator is good?

Thanks
    I don't have a manual to know for certain, but if you are getting 36 VAC as stated in your 1st post, the stator should be OK. Seems like it would be a voltage regulator issue.

Are there any fuses between or connections between the alternator output and the battery that could be preventing the motor generated current to reach the battery?
    2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, Front and Rear 4" square 27 watt LED lights, Bad Lands 2500lb Winch installed in bed, Front and Rear CV Guards