Thread: Gator 855 d - tire question

Thanks

Gator 855 d - tire question

My Gator XUV 855d has been delivered in spring 2015 with a bad tyre track, (same problem had already my last Gator in 2011 - quality issue JD?). The lack was repaired with 30 hours.

I'm driving 20% offroad and 80% on asphalt. Now at 96 hours the front tires (Maxxis Bighorn) are already at max. 50%. The Gator is throttled on 40 km/h, I'm transporting sometimes firewood.

Somebody knows better tires for driving offroad/asphalt? (Terrahawk AT is not a solution - no grip offroad, very bad grip on snow).

Many thanks for all proposals!

Howard, Switzerland (Europe)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by howard View Post
    My Gator XUV 855d has been delivered in spring 2015 with a bad tyre track, (same problem had already my last Gator in 2011 - quality issue JD?). The lack was repaired with 30 hours.

I'm driving 20% offroad and 80% on asphalt. Now at 96 hours the front tires (Maxxis Bighorn) are already at max. 50%. The Gator is throttled on 40 km/h, I'm transporting sometimes firewood.

Somebody knows better tires for driving offroad/asphalt? (Terrahawk AT is not a solution - no grip offroad, very bad grip on snow).

Many thanks for all proposals!

Howard, Switzerland (Europe)
    Around 480 hours on my 855D and tires showing wear. Especially fronts. I have blacktop drive in parts, gravel in parts. For the past year try to avoid the driveway and drive in pasture. So....following this question since I'll need to be buying something in coming months.

Thanks
    Hallo Howard,

I'm also driving most the times on roads - with turf tires. And this works offroad, too. Only in winter you'll need other tires or chaines.

Beste Weihnachtsgrüße in die Schweiz!

Beste Grüße aussem Chatten-Club, Wolle

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jcummins View Post
    Around 480 hours on my 855D and tires showing wear. Especially fronts. I have blacktop drive in parts, gravel in parts. For the past year try to avoid the driveway and drive in pasture. So....following this question since I'll need to be buying something in coming months.
    I think, 480 h are a good life period for tires.

Beste Grüße aussem Chatten-Club, Wolle

Thanks
    Sorry jd.rasentrac, I'm living in the rough mountains and not in the flat. I really need very good tires! Here it is not possible to drive with Terrahawk or turf tires otherwise bye bye