Thread: 625i makes a pop in reverse

Thanks

625i makes a pop in reverse

I have a 625i that when backing up and turning in a clockwise direction, something makes a loud pop. It doesn't do it if I back up straight, only in a clockwise direction. It's a pretty loud snap. Any ideas? Thanks.

Thanks
    Where does the sound come from? Is it in the front or rear of the vehicle? Does the "snap" sound metalic?
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    I would guess a CV joint.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    The snap comes from the front or right under the drivers area. Yes, it sounds like metal binding up. It only does it when I turn clockwise in reverse. If I keep the steering straight when backing, there's no noise. I sort of figured I'd wait for something to fall off to find out what was wrong.

Thanks
    Take a look behind the front wheels of your Gator. You should see the shaft coming out the back of the wheel and two black rubber boots. Inspect the boots for holes or cracks. They keep grease in and water and dirt out of the joints. If the rubber boot fails the CV joints can wear quickly. If you catch it early all you need to do is replace the boots ($30 part) but wait until something falls apart and you may need a whole new half shaft ($250 part).
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dane For This Useful Post:

DeAnn (06-11-2016)