Thread: Glass Windshield w/ wiper & switch bank for 2014 825i

Thanks

Glass Windshield w/ wiper & switch bank for 2014 825i

Hello all,
    Went trail riding couple weeks ago w/ my 3 year old non scratch Poly windshield on my Gator & decided no more trying to see through the rain drops & not have a wiper, so I ordered up a glass windshield w/ wiper & switch bank. Haven't added the washer tank & sprayer yet, but that's another part # & cost about $300 more from Big Green. So I'll carry a spray bottle of washer fluid for now.

I put this on the 825i about 5 hours ago w/ some help to do the wiring. Went for 1 ride so far, but my impression is that while it could be improved, it is a nice design. After all John Deere makes agricultural products, not Aston Martin automobiles. The windshield has Safety Laminated written in the bottom middle of the glass & yeah, the wiper is only 1 speed. No intermittent speeds at all. The bottom third is still poly, with a better design for holding that portion up, thereby allowing "air conditioning" to work. Hope you find the video link below useful, any questions, let me know.

https://youtu.be/lHutGfy2nVk
    Last edited by BillT; 07-09-2017 at 06:06 AM.
    Bill T
    2014 Green & Yellow 825i w/ Power steering , Sport seats, poly cab & doors, front / rear CV guards & Terra 45 Superwinch along w/ Rigid Industries D2 driving lights on brush guard & SRQ2 diffused lights
    on back of cab. Set of Camso 2011 UTV S4 tracks for winter use!

Thanks

Glass Windshield Kit !!

I recently bought a used 2011 825i with this already installed !! As is typical of everything JD, it's expensive and an option I would never buy if ordering a new one !! That being said, it came with the inx sheets and the appropriate (I think) wiring harness. Everything is top quality IMO which is also typical JD but does look a bit nerdy IMO. The inx show the proper way to thread the wiring harness through the ROPS - my question is is there a hole in the bar or do you need to drill one ?? They say the roof should be off for the install but of course, mine is already in place !! I may leave it that way and just RainX the w/s instead !! Craig

Thanks
    Craig, the instructions were printed in 2013 or 14, & state to thread the harness through the OPS, yes. However since we didn't remove the roof to install it & did not find a hole to thread it into the OPS. We ran the wiring along the inside of the roof & zip tied it to OPS.

Yes, the design is a bit basic, Big Green could do a nicer job of designing things & have the bottom portion of the window tilt out like Polaris & others do, w/ gas struts. But no, lets use the same design from the Gator HPX. Polaris' price on their high end windshield is $1100.00 too, but more refined. Why not offer 2 speeds or an intermittent setting for the wiper? Polaris offers a better designed washer package of blade, motor, tank & wiring for $500 extra purchase too. You couldn't tell from my video, but the instructions state the switch box that I got for the wiper button is used for every Gator capable of having a wiper, mid size 550, 560, 590, full size HPX, 625, 825i, 855D, 850i & 860i.

There must be someone out there that can design a better glass windshield than this for the Gator, but I haven't found them, yet.

Octane Ridge has a wiper for hard coat only poly windshields, if anyone is interested, although I didn't consider it as an option & have no experience with. Amazon.com has it for less...

Well, I have it now & it'll most likely be my last expensive purchase for this machine, except for tracks. Oh boy, I did not just write that, did I? I'm looking at adding about 5 or inches of tint across the windshield, to cut down glare on sunny days too. Now I just have to Ride, Wash, Maintain & Repeat. I think it is time for an oil change, clean out the CV Guards... or grab a beer. Happy riding all....
    Last edited by BillT; 07-09-2017 at 02:33 PM.
    Bill T
    2014 Green & Yellow 825i w/ Power steering , Sport seats, poly cab & doors, front / rear CV guards & Terra 45 Superwinch along w/ Rigid Industries D2 driving lights on brush guard & SRQ2 diffused lights
    on back of cab. Set of Camso 2011 UTV S4 tracks for winter use!

Thanks
    Thanks Bill !! Mine were printed in 2010 but knowing JD, they're virtually identical !! The only thing that changes is pricing !! (My $500 camo option in 2011 is now 650 for example).. I started looking for a Gator around Thanksgiving last year and was surprised to see how many folks were selling them up in this area. The fact that snow was minimal at best the last few years probably had something to do with it !! I suspect the snowfall in upstate NY is far more intense than here !! My JD salesman who's become a friend tells me that they require LOTS of maintenance so buy with your eyes wide open. Start looking at CraigsList in this area after Labor Day and I'll bet there are at least 2-3 sets for sale at any one time !! Craig

Thanks
    Bill: Here's an example of what I was referring to on the tracks for an 825i !! They're rebuilding them after 2 years use ?? Obviously, it depends on how they're used but it seems like a short time to me !! Craig

https://greenbay.craigslist.org/snw/6171294606.html