Thread: have 3 year old 825i gator cranks but will not start after washing engine and cab

Thanks

have 3 year old 825i gator cranks but will not start after washing engine and cab

After spraying the whole unit with a water hose to remove mud, etc., the unit started and then died. It then restarted and ran about 3 minutes and died.
    We towed it back to the house and it has not started since. We checked the rear computer for water. It was dry.
    Seems to have no spark.

Thanks for your help.

Jon

Thanks
    unfortunately john deere wont allow us to use code readers or scanners on there equip, this needs to be changed not all of us can afford to take it tobjohn deere for diagnosis and repair,in the mean time I would unplus all connecters related to ignition and dry them out starting fluid works good to get rid of moisture, they also make a spray to dry things out other then that , until we can convince john deere to release info to code readers they are one of very few that wont allow there vehicals to be read by code readers, this isnt right we should be able to work on our vehicals ourselves I do most every thing on my 825 i myself being a mechanic but it irritates the hellout of me not being able to use my 3000.00 scanner on this vehical maybe if enough of us contact jd and complain they will eventually change this, good luck with your issue

3. The Following User Says Thank You to campoman For This Useful Post:

bradhill (07-11-2019)

Thanks

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by campoman View Post
    unfortunately john deere wont allow us to use code readers or scanners on there equip, this needs to be changed not all of us can afford to take it tobjohn deere for diagnosis and repair,in the mean time I would unplus all connecters related to ignition and dry them out starting fluid works good to get rid of moisture, they also make a spray to dry things out other then that , until we can convince john deere to release info to code readers they are one of very few that wont allow there vehicals to be read by code readers, this isnt right we should be able to work on our vehicals ourselves I do most every thing on my 825 i myself being a mechanic but it irritates the hellout of me not being able to use my 3000.00 scanner on this vehical maybe if enough of us contact jd and complain they will eventually change this, good luck with your issue
    I hope that John Deere will honor its customers of whom I am one, with providing us with troubleshooting help as you mentioned.
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jsprinkle View Post
    After spraying the whole unit with a water hose to remove mud, etc., the unit started and then died. It then restarted and ran about 3 minutes and died.
    We towed it back to the house and it has not started since. We checked the rear computer for water. It was dry.
    Seems to have no spark.

Thanks for your help.

Jon
    Perhaps this will help? Except from 825i Technical Manual.

Thanks
    Thank you!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jsprinkle View Post
    Thank you!
    You’re welcome, I’m not certain this will help, however it may give you some ideas?

Please report back on your findings