Thread: 2014 825i won’t start

Thanks

2014 825i won’t start

Bear with me. 2014 825i with 110 hours on it. Always ran fine. Pulled into the garage to add Turn signals with deluxe wiring harness (purchased new JD parts from the dealer). ‘Plug and play’ - Installed and they work fine. But Gator won’t start. Turns over, but won’t fire. Checked fuses, fuel pump. Needed an oil change so took it to dealer. They tell me it’s throwing a low voltage code, but have 12 volts at the ecu. Ordered a new ecu, still won’t start. They’ve had it three weeks and are at a loss. Anybody have some help? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    my 825 did the same thing after doing some electrical work on it it turned out to be a connection on one of the fuses in fact it did it twice I replaced most of the fuses related to ignition mhope this helps of. just been the dust , haven't had any further problems ,I'm assuming they checked for fuel pressure.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to campoman For This Useful Post:

BigDish (05-29-2020)

Thanks
    We removed the harness and installed a new one and replaced a fuse. And it started. Still not certain if it was a bad harness or just a fuse, but the combo got it running. A head scratcher for me since the lights worked with the old harness...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk